R

Ireland

For six years Ella was on the run. After the kingdom was brought down and the Queen of Hearts took the throne, Ella was labelled a fugitive. With no family or loved one to turn to, she had no choice but to run. She fled her world. However, nothing lasted forever. One day, she decided to stop, she didn't know for how long. As her legs were worn out, her clothes tattered, her mind scarred, and her heart gutted out and stomped to pieces ever since the day her true love was taken away from her.

She was tired of running. Why was she even running if she had nowhere to go? Standing in the deserted alley of Whitewash Lane, the scampering rats and eerie glow of the long streetlight did nothing but contribute to the dark thoughts swirling in her head. She grabbed the rope and tied it up on the lamp post. She tied the noose up, making a perfect loop.

"Ex-excuse me, m-miss? D-do you have something to eat? M-maybe a morsel or two?" A frail voice stopped Cindy in her tracks. An old and frail figure limped towards her, his/her face obscured with the hood. Cindy looked into her grungy pockets and found a coin. "At least someone will benefit from it now, after I'm gone." She thought.

"Here, take this," Cindy replied as she gently coaxed the figure towards her. The figure started getting closer, when something odd happened. The old person started walking straighter and faster as she stopped in front of Cindy with a straight back and a young face. She smiled. It sends a shiver down Cindy's spine.

"You might not remember me Ella, but I remember you. You have a heart so pure, so gentle, so loving even at it's worst times. You are the perfect antagonist for the Wonderland, but a heroine in my heart." Ella scrunched up her forehead as she tried to make sense of the confusing remark, but the Enchantress swiftly turned her wand to Cindy, and for the second time in her life (the first one happened with her fairy godmother), Cindy's tattered skirt was transformed into a dress. This time it was pure white.

"Red queen's arch nemesis, the white queen." The Enchantress stated proudly. Cindy smiled. This time justice will be served. It will be served in red.