L

New Jersey

Billy loved talking to himself. He didn't understand why people would deem him queer. "It's just like talking to someone, but to yourself. Sometimes I reply very badly to myself, and I gets me a spanking. Sometimes I'm very polite to me and I give me's a treat." He'd explain to the workers in the asylum. No one ever paid any attention to his words. Before that, no one in school would understand him either. His parents would be called in repetitively from Billy's disruptive and bipolar attitude. He's been to doctors and psychiatrists, but none could figure out why he was the way he was.

Its been months since he last saw his family. They've been avoiding him and not paying him any visits ever since he set himself on fire in the kitchen. But it wasn't his fault, it was him that started calling him names, so he got into a fight and punched himself and somehow, he got ahold of a pack of matches.

Now reminiscing about the fight, Billy sat down in the far corner of his room. "It ain't my fault." He started. "Oh but it is!" He contradicted himself. This went on and on, Billy arguing with himself until a slap rang through the silent halls of the building. "Billy, that hurts!" Billy cried out.

"Dear, are you alright?" A soft voice graced Billy's ears. He turned to find a beautiful young woman sitting next to him. "Y-yes, I quite am," Billy replied. "No you ain't!" He said a moment later. The woman broke into a small laugh, the pleasant voice immediately calming Billy.

"Do you feel, I suppose, trapped? Trapped in one body?" She questioned. Billy fervently nodded. Sometimes he felt like he was talking to someone else, but he'd discover it was just himself. "There should be one more, ain't I right?" He murmured to himself. "Yes." He confirmed.

"Well then, two it shall be!" The woman abruptly exclaimed, and with that, a blinding white light shone over Billy. Immediately he felt something pulling out from him.

After what seemed like an eternity, he opened his eyes to see another person in his cell. The person had the same eyes, the same face, the same hair, and the same big round belly button as Billy. "Who is you?" Billy questioned. "Who is you?" The other Billy questioned back. "You is the one who set us on fires!" They both exclaimed. Immediately they started arguing, one Billy pushing the other, while the Enchantress smiled lovingly.

"They are not on the brightest side, but they will do." She stated.