A

Toronto

(Hint: remember Alex?)

After Alex ran away, Sara walked back towards Darren. Worry was etched in her face. Worry for that moron of a best friend. Darren sighed in annoyance. "Darren, we should go after him, this is not like Alex. Also, I don't appreciate how you laughed at him. Despite his actions, he's still my best friend." She continued. Darren rolled his eyes. What did Sara see in Alex?

"What do you even see in him Sara? What possessed you to be friends with him? A pretty girl like you shouldn't be hanging out with a nerdy freak like him. He'll come by sooner or later, like the lost puppy he is, let's just head over to my house." Darren replied, trying to woo Sara over. But she didn't budge an inch. "Why are you like this Darren? You always bully people and label them. Don't think I didn't see you threaten Layla the other day because she accidentally spilled some lemonade on your shoes. And don't think I don't see you forcing money out of freshmen and use the same money to buy me food. I thought you could change, but you didn't." Sara shot back. Darren was shocked. No one had ever called him out before and now his own girlfriend was insulting him in front of his friends. But he had to keep his image, so he laughed. "And you think you're Ms Goody Two-Shoes huh? What about the two guys you hooked up with one after another during Vanessa's party huh? You think you have an excuse for everything you do and everything you say, just because your lame excuse of a brother couldn't drive a car properly and crashed into a stupid tree!" Darren shot back. Tears immediately filled Sara's eyes, and Darren never saw so much hatred emitting from anyone's eyes. "Hey, Sara... I didn't mean it." He said quietly, but Sara wasn't listening. She was already rushing away.

"Dude, that was mean.." a timid voice rose up. Darren looked to his group and shot daggers at Flynn. "Shut up Flynn. Do you want to get kicked out of the team?" Darren threatened and Flynn immediately shut his mouth

Turning back to the direction Sara had gone, Darren ran. Being a quarterback, he had years of running and caught up to her in no time. He found her in no time at the state garden, strolling along the park. "Sara!" He called out and grabbed her roughly by the arm. She shoved him away. "Go away Darren! Don't you realize that we're over? You're nothing but a big fat bully. You're not the guy you once were. I can't date you anymore. I may date a lot of people, but I won't date jerks." Sara shouted at him.

For the first time in forever, Darren was stricken speechless. No one ever had the courage to stand up to him like that, and it was a massive blow to his pride. He walked away with his heart swelling with anger. What if no one feared him anymore? What if he no longer had any power over his classmates? What would that make him? What would become of Darren the Daring? He needed a moment and sat himself down on a bench. There were distinct claw mark on the wood, probably made by a cat.

"Arrogance, hatred, and strength. Three traits I'd really love to work with." A voice appeared, and Darren turned to see a cloaked figure. The person smirked. "I can make you powerful. I can make you the most feared being in all of the land. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

Darren looked up and all he could see was red. He imagined everyone bowing down to him and even Sara coming back to him. He bared his teeth. "That would be wonderful." He growled.

--

The Jabberwock was created, but the Enchantress wasn't done. For a moment, her eyes turned back to normal, and she raised up a trembling hand. " The Vorpal sword is weld and sought. To slay the Jabberwock after they fought.

It goes right through the heart in pain, then the Jabberwock shall be slain." She whispered after Darren. He didn't hear her. But fate did.