D

Chicago

Alice woke with a start. She looked around and found herself in a hospital room. Oh her head was pounding so dreadfully!

She then heard a gasp, and saw her sister sitting next to her reading a book. The book dropped to the ground. Gwen looked up and tears sprung into her eyes as she tackled Alice in a hug.

"Oh Alice! You're back! It kept it's promise!" Gwen sobbed. It? But Alice didn't dwell upon Gwen's words too much, she was just glad to be awake. Her body felt light and free, unlike the usual heave and drowsiness during her addiction period. "Oh Gwen! I'm so glad you're here! I just had the weirdest dream! About being in some sort of wonderland!" Alice replied with eyes alight with excitement.

At once, she began retelling her whole adventure to Gwen, who was sitting patiently beside her. Alice told Gwen everything from the hurrying rabbit, the talking animals and plants, to the creepy Cheshire Cat, to the fearsome Red Queen and friendly White Queen, and finally, the horrid Jabberwock she'd slain in the end.

"And it felt too real to be just a dream!" She finished. Gwen opened her mouth to say something, but she was cut off with the shrieks of delight coming from the door. Mr and Mrs Greene ran in and immediately embraced Alice.

"My child! Oh my child!" They sobbed and Alice laughed and hugged them back.

When the whole tear jerking moment was over, Alice stood up. She swayed slightly but immediately regained her bearings. She gave everyone a wide smile. "My baby has woken up! Oh what a miracle! This calls for a celebration!" Her mother exclaimed. Alice nodded in delight, and the nurses took out her IV as they prepared to head downstairs to eat some cake after weeks of wishing and crying.

"Gwen, lets go!" Alice called back to Gwen, who had resumed her reading. "You lot go first! I'll catch up!" Gwen answered happily. Alice nodded and skipped out of the room, hand in hand with their parents. Gwen stared back at them as the doors of the hospital room swung close.

Immediately after her family was out of sight, Gwen changed. Her long brown hair fell off and was replaced with frizzy strands of red. Her complexion changed from a beautiful tan to a ghostly white. A bunch of hats appeared on her head, and she gave a manic smile.

"You saw her come alive. I wasn't bluffing." A voice sounded from the corner of the room. The Being stepped out. "It's time for you to seal your bargain, Mad Hatter." It continued. Gwen chuckled and lifted up her hand. A teacup presented itself on her palm. "Now who wants some tea?!" the Mad Hatter jeered, cocking her head to a weird angle.

"Off you go, Hatter!" The being cried and a strong wind swept up the whole room. The Hatter's eyes lolled to the back of the Hatter's head as she was pulled into the storybook Gwen was reading just a few minutes ago. But Gwen was gone.

The book snapped shut.

The Being smiled and picked up the book. He stroked it lovingly and picked up the pen, naming the book with a flourish.

Wonderland