Chapter 7 ~ Jess

7. 'Do you still feel the same?'

It's been 28 days. I still haven't said anything. I thought about talking to him few times but I chickened out. I didn't know what to say to him.

'Hey, let's date.'

That's just too... Too straight to the head.

It's 4 am and I should sleep now. I'll deal with my problems in the morning.

~

29th day. It's enough. I'll go talk to him.

Tomorrow.

No, no, no. Today. Now.

Nick was in the kitchen with Schmidt. They were talking and I was about to leave when Schmidt saw me.

Shit.

'Jess! Heey!', he said as the blood in my body froze. I just stood there looking at them like an idiot. I wanted to move, to say something, but my body wasn't listening and my voice was not coming out. Schmidt and Nick were looking at me, expecting that I'll say something.

'Jess? Are you alright?', Nick asked worried.

My mouth formed a no, but the sound was not coming out.

I started to shake and before I could do or say anything, I fell on the ground. I heard screams and somebody hugged me, but I couldn't interact with them.

I was too tired...

~

(From now on, it's a dream. She is unconscious and in hospital.)

Where am I? Is this a joke? I woke up in some creepily white room. So cold and strict - it could really use some color. I was in some odd patient suit and this room was bigger than I could see.

I slowly stood up and looked around. At first, it seemed like I was alone but at the end of the room - actually as far as I could see - there was a sofa. And someone was in it! I started to walk over there and as I came closer I could see who it was.

It was... Nick!

'Nick!!!', I shouted and started to frantically run but as u came closer, he was further away.

Before he disappeared completely, he said: 'You were avoiding me because you thought you were the only one hurting, right? But you forgot that I still have feelings...'
And he was gone. Gone from the room. Gone. Gone...

I was alone. And then I realized that I hurt him. And that I thought only about myself.

But I realized something much more important as well.

I realized that I love him.

I love him.

I really do...

~

Whoooooop, Jess realizes she was a pain in the ass, ooops. So sorry that you had to wait sooooooo long. I wrote this little piece of shit two weeks ago and BAM! I didn't save it and the app chrased and so did my dreams of early updates. So sorry for that - it was better the first time I wrote it.

And something importantttt:

This story will be short, probably 10 chapters + epilogue.

So yeah just wanted to put that out.

Much love,
Nika xx