Waves

"So, when are we leaving?" The small child grinned, "And do we get to ride in a spaceship?"
  "Yes, Bathseba! We will be flying on a spaceship!" Nyx told her, offering her his hand.
  The young female drew back, hiding behind the Angel as her Mother approached.
  "I'll hold your hand!" Ben popped up right beside him, and slid his fingers into Nyx's.
   "You'll hold, anyones, hand!" His sister snarled at him, and rolled her eyes.
   "Better be careful, Sheba, he's a Demon, and he bites!" The young male growled at her, and then howled at the sky.
    "Mommy?" Bathsheba let out with a whine.
    "Ben, knock that off, and Sheba, quit your whining!" Malice snapped at them both, and the shook her head. "I'm sorry!" She told them, lifting them both into her arms like it was nothing."I'm so sorry!" And they nestled in with their arms around her neck.
   "It's okay, Daddy will be better soon!" Bathsheba smiled at her.
   "Yeah, we're going to see Nana!" Ben added with a grin.
   "Nana?" Malice inquired, staring at her son.
   "Yeah, the King is Papa, and his queen is obviously, Nana!" The young male laughed as he explained the way it works.
   "Oh really?" Lord Eroch chuckled as he made his way past.
   "Yup! You see, you're the King..."
   "Well I'm more of a Lord!"
   "No, everyone has to do what you say, right?"
    "Okay, yes! But..."
    "So that makes you King!" Ben giggled again, and Malice put him down to walk beside Lord Eroch. " And since you are a King, and you're my Papa, that makes Nana, a Queen!"
    "Ah! The logic of a child!" He chuckled as Ben ran off up ahead.
   "So, you rule it all then?" Mia inquired, feeling a little less like strangling someone.
   "You heard him, I am the King!" Her Father laughed.
    "There is one person, the King must report to..." Bathsheba cut in, all matter of factly.
   "Oh?" Her Mother inquired, letting her down as well.
    "Of course, Mother!" She sighed, acting a little too gown up for Malice's liking. "The people must do whatever the King asks, but the King, must do whatever the Queen asks."
   "Is that so?" Lord Eroch chuckled.
    "Of course it's so, Mia told me so!" Bathsheba rolled her eyes, and turned away from them all, making her way towards the ship and her brother.
    "Well, I'll be..." Mia sighed, "I knew I liked her!" And they all burst out laughing, until the rest of their envoy arrived.
    Dressed in gray cloaks, with swords at their sides, and carrying the stretcher on which Rehoboam lay covered in a blanket for warmth, were Nissa, Markus and Lync. It didn't take Nyx long to throw his cloak about his shoulders and take his place, and carry on with a true Warrior's walk off the battlefield and into the ship that would carry him to safety. He had done his part, he had paid his dues, and now he would rest; in true Valkyrie fashion.
   Malice watched as the four males carried the stretcher up the ramp, and watched a little longer as her children followed their father in. With a heavy heart and a grateful soul, Malice took her first steps towards her husband. "You go with our hopes that Rehoboam recovers quickly!" Lord Eroch told her, just before she boarded the ship. "And know, that we will continue the fight in your stead! No hunter will rest until word of Pathen's whereabouts reaches my ears!"
   "And you have my thanks, for everything!" She bowed her head, only to gasp in shock as Madrina walked towards her.
    "Are we ready?" She inquired with a smile on her face, and a cloak about her shoulders.
   "Ready? You're coming with us? But what about the young?" Malice asked. "It's not safe!"
   "And last night proved, that it is no longer safe for her here, either!" Nissa grumbled, as he returned to stand behind his mate. "She will go to Sanctuary with you, and I will go ahead through the portal and await your arrival!"
    "But that's five days, on a cramped little ship!"
   "It's bigger than you think!" Madrina laughed, and held out her hand for the Valkyrie, "Come, let us see to your husband!" She smiled and pulled Malice along.

                                                                                       ***