Ceremonial Shindigs

"What the hell is wrong with them?" Lync's voice was emanating from the room as Malice walked in. "She's shaking and won't let me touch her..."
    "And that goes the same, for Kember too!" Malice told them as she approached the desk.
    Kordahn sat taller than ever before, and the glow on his face told her that he had in fact, been playing recently. Was Khia affected too?
    "What's going on, and don't tell me that you don't know!" Lync shouted at his brother by law. "Or do I have to ask Khia, myself?"
    "We've had to strengthen the mist!" The male sighed, and hung his head, "As to why your females are acting as strangely as they are, I do not know."
     "What does strengthening the mist have to do with their reactions?" Malice asked. "Why are they suffering so?"
     "Have they satiated their need?" Kordahn replied with a question of his own.
     "What need? She won't even let me touch her?" Lync growled, "And I suggest you explain before I lose my temper."
     "Navina, Kember, Euphamia, even Bathsheba and Khia.." He laughed, "... there is nothing wrong with them, except an insane need to, express their inner inhibitions!"
     "I don't do, big fancy words!" Lync reminded Kordahn, who seemed to shy away from the male. "She is hurting, and I don't know how to help her; but you do!"
    "She is sexually charged, my friend! Nothing a few rounds between the sheets won't fix!" Kordahn laughed.
     "The mist?" Malice choked out. "It has something to do with the mist?"
     "What about the mist?" Lync inquired.
     "The mist acts as a shield, and covers all of Samo'ana..." Kordahn started, rising from his desk and making his way towards a nearby porthole. "We are sailing through it even now..."
    "And?" Lync urged the male on.
    "And those who sail through it, find an insane sexual urge that clouds their judgment, and it comes in waves, growing more intense the longer you remain inside it!"
   "Why are we not affected? Or Malice?" Lync kept on with the questions, running his hand through his spiky black hair, again and again.
     "I have spent my entire life sailing through the southern isles, my tolerance has grown, and my abilities to control it as well." He sighed, "Khia gives in to it, believes it a sin to 'not' participate..."
    "And, you do not follow her beliefs?" Malice inquired.
    "She does not see life the way we do, Malice, she has lived among Humans, forced to live and learn their ways, she feels pity for them..." He chuckled. "And she follows their beliefs, even if the legends ended aeons ago."
     "What legends?" Malice replied.
    "Dragons and ceremonies, tainted food and drink to promote the well being of the fertile females..." He shook his head, "...constantly giving in to their requests, because it 'ensures that no one will ever stray...'  or so I have been told a thousand times. She fears for them, fears that without her, the regime she had worked so hard to build, will crumble..."
    "Whatever! Who cares about dragons and special ceremonies, what about Navina?" Lync growled. "And Malice? She is female, why is she not affected? Or me?"
   "She is Valkyrie, and you? You are still a mystery, my friend! You may have sired the Vampire race, but where you come from, is something only the Gods would know!" Kordahn told them, opening the door for him. "Go to your Navina, calm her, give her what she needs, she will give in and when she does..." His words faded off as the male approached him.
    "If this mist of yours has harmed her in any way..."
    "Easy, Lync! He's still her brother..." Malice let out.
    "And the vengeance would be mine to seek as her mate, I have not threatened anyone, just a warning."
    "She is Kor'Mhia, she will survive, my brother!" Kordahn smiled at him, but the male shook his head and left the room, and Kordahn closed the door behind him. "I am glad you..."
    "Button it, Sweetheart!" Malice glared back at him, "Unless you want to start by telling me the truth!"
     "I have told you the truth!" He cocked a brow a her.
     "Kor'Mhia cannot lie, but they can twist the truth!" She reminded him. "So what's really going on?"
     "I told you both, the mist makes them fiend for it!" Kordahn shook his head, but Malice could tell, he was hiding something.
     "But I thought that only happens in the summer months?"
     "It does, usually..."
    "So what has changed? And why is it affecting them like this? I mean, Kember can't even stand up, it comes in waves, washing over her like a heat wave."
     "It's the mist, I assure you!"
    "You're lying!" Malice spat back at him. "I can smell it on you!"
    "I have no idea what you are talking about!" Kordahn replied, but the thin film of sweat, the way his eyes glanced over her...
     "You're a very bad liar!" She hissed, suddenly right in front of him as he tried to make for the door. Her hand was up and around his throat so fast, her razor sharp claws so tempted to remove his head from his shoulders. "I hate liars!"
     "I do not, know, what to, tell you..." His words were scattered, his airways almost closed when she heard her voice.
    "Enough, Malice!" Khia sighed, and Malice turned to face her. "We will tell you what you want to know, but we must hurry!"
    "Hurry? Why?"
    "The hour of First Rights approaches, and you will want to tend to Kember before your daughter's awakening!" Khia replied, and Malice let her grip loosen as she continued. "Come, we shall walk and talk!"