Bittersweet Moments

Malice entered Marena's room with Navina and Kember right beside her. Laying in her bed, Marena looked as beautiful as they day that she and Malice had met, Gods, what felt like a millennia ago.
    "It's okay!" Navina smiled at her, coaxing Malice to move closer.
    "There was a time, when I worshiped the ground that she walked on."- Malice admitted. She had been following the apostates orders. "I followed every order without hesitation, even when the outcome was far worse than I could have imagined."
    "We've all had to follow orders at some point..."
    "No, you don't understand, Navina! And if we are to do this, you must know the truth!"
    "What are you talking about, Malice?" Kember cut in.
    "Ugh!" The Valkyrie let out, and sat on the edge of Marena's bed, gazing at her cheeks, her lips. "Marena relayed the orders that night, and it wasn't until after the ship had crashed..."
    "What ship?" Kember inquired.
    "Whatever it is, Malice, you can't be held responsible for it, you were following orders..."
    "I was supposed to make sure that ship never landed, and its pilot silenced..." Her words faded off. "But when he emerged from the wreckage, and fell at your feet... and the child..." Malice watched as Navina's eyes lit up as the realization hit her.
   "You, shot down their ship?" Navina choked out, trying so hard to remain calm. "You, were sent to kill Lokaryn?"
    "I had no idea that there was a child on board, Navina, I swear it!" Malice closed her gray eyes and took a couple of very deep breaths to calm herself, feeling Kember's arms around her; and then Navina's.
    "I know it wasn't your fault, Malice, nor was it my sister's for ordering you out there!" Navina told her, and held Malice's free hand as the Valkyrie poured the contents of the pouch into a mug and the filled it with spring water.
   Marena pursed her lips as the liquid touched her lips, almost afraid to drink, but Malice was gentle in he coaxing, until her mouth opened and the elixir disappeared down her throat. It was like a scene from one of Nyx's old romance flicks, as the Valkyrie leaned forward and kissed Marena. Soft, and yet sure, they could all feel the need for it to work looming around them as they waited, and when she finally stood she let her hands hover above her dearest friend in a bluish white nimbus of light.
    "Deffro fy nghariad, seibiannau wawr. Mae eich noson hir bron drosodd. Agorwch eich llygaid annwyl." Malice let out in an ancient tongue as she held Marena's hand.
    The female shuddered, a breeze seeming to flow and disturb her perfect black locks, and she took a deep breath before opening her eyes as green as the sea. The Valkyrie's own eyes filled with tears as she watched the female try to rise.
    "Malice? Navina?" Her words were shrouded and full of fear. "Please tell me that this is a dream?" She cried out as Malice reached over to wipe her tears.
    "It is not a dream, my love!" Malice let out, and felt the warm hand on her shoulder as Kember stood behind her.
    Marena looked so alarmed, her head shaking as she tried to stand up. "I will make this brief, for my time with you is short."
    "Short? But Kalin told me that her tonic would cure you!" Malice protested and Marena let out a smile as she ran her hand through the Valkyrie's fair hair to calm her.
    "You know as well as I, that it's not safe for me to awaken, not until Pathen has been eliminated." Marena hung her head and closed her eyes. "Those tiny little bastards that he dosed you with may be gone, but the threat has not diminished, Malice. His hold on me is far greater than that! They can still track you, Malice, through me and I cannot have that. Only his death will free me!"
    "Damn her! Damn that lying BITCH!" Malice cursed, her rage growing more fierce with each passing second.
   "I cannot fight him, my love, but you can!" She smiled at Malice, and let a kiss down on her cheek. "Go to Samo'ana and look for an old friend, she will show at the very least, where Pathen may be hiding."
    "Samo'ana is a hard place to get to!" Malice replied, "And I know of no one there, who I would call friend."
   "But you do, Malice! Find Kordahn, and he will show you the way to Samo'ana. Once there, search for the manor house atop the hill, and ask for the Lady of the house!" Marena smiled again, feeling a slight fog come over her. "You must go, quickly..." She added, and Malice rushed to her side as she sat back in on her bed. "Find Pathen and end him, and the Eno'tai will no longer have  hold on us. The others will guide you..."
    "I will not leave you..." Malice tried to protest, but Marena silenced her with the raise of a hand.
    "I don't give a damn, Mal! I don't give a damn about your Valkyrie honor, or your pride. I want you to live, very be damned. I want your promise that you will be here when I awaken permanently. There's been far too much blood shed already."
    "Bloody Hell!" Malice let out, "Fine, I promise to do my very best, to make sure that nothing bad happens." She replied and Marena knew as well as she did, there were no guarantees. 
    Marena then looked at her sister, Navina. "Your greatest trials are yet to come, but take strength from each other." She replied. "Our kin may be few and far between, but they are Khor'mia none the less." She smiled at her, shaking her head again before returning her gaze to Malice. "I love you, Mal, but you have to let Kember take care of you." She turned to face the Witch. "Don't let her do anything, too crazy."
   Kember nodded in reply as both Navina and she shared Malice's tears. The Witch could feel the all encompassing sorrow as Malice spoke again, her words filled with hurt and anger. "I love you too, Rena!" But the female's eyes were closing, her body growing limp as sleep took hold of her once more, and Malice's heart grew heavy.