Chapter 19

"It's been quite a tiring day, no?" Fubuki sighed, flopping onto the floor and leaning onto a tree.

"We've walked a lot today." Yona nodded as she placed her hands near the fire.

"What is this?" a confused Kija asked, staring at his bowl.

"What else? Dinner." Yun answered, not even looking back.

"Dinner?" Kija questioned, visibly uncomfortable with the his food. "These were weeds that were growing alongside the mountain trail from earlier, were they not?"

"They're not weeds!" Yun exasperated, "I told you, they are mountain vegetables that you can eat."

"Kija, just deal with it." Fubuki said, munching on her serving of food. "I told Yun to at least put off the bugs for you."

"Bugs?! You cook bugs?!" Kija cried, horrified with the thought of creepy crawlers being eaten.

"Bugs are nutritious." Yun deadpanned. Fubuki quietly nodded in agreement.

"P-princess, are you faring well with...this kind of food?" Kija asked Yona.

"This kind of food?!" Yun twitched.

"I still can't eat bugs, but I'm rather used to it." Yona replied. "Because, I have no room to say I dislike it."

"The outside world is a harsh place." Fubuki agreed.

"Ever since Yun joined us, our meals have gotten much better." Yona smiled. Yun kept an ear out, listening in on his praise. Fubuki could tell he was happy, he was humming and there were even small flowers blooming...

"I mean, when Fubuki cooked, it was tolerable. But it was bad when it was Hak's turn." Yona continued.

"Oh the horrors Yona and I have encountered!" Fubuki fake cried, weeping into her hand.

"What did you say about my food?" Hak asked with one eye open. He was napping in order to restore some strength after re-opening his wounds. "I can't hear you."

"Great delicacies of mother nature." Fubuki whispered.

"Hak, you're awake? How's you're injury?" Yona questioned, walking over to Hak's side and kneeling down.

"Injury? What about it?" Hak asked, ignoring what Fubuki said. "More importantly, what did you say about my food?"

"Food? What about it?" Yona smiled sweetly. "Oh, are you hungry? Can you move? Do you want me to feed you?" Yona took her own bowl and lifted a spoon up to Hak's mouth. "Here, open wide."

"Aw, so sneaky Yona-chan." Fubuki grinned, helping herself to another serving to dinner.

"Princess! Leave an odd task like this to me." Kija forced a smile, a vein popping out as he took the spoon.

As the two men glared and threatened each other, Fubiki and Yun quietly finished off their dinner. As Fubuki cleaned up the dishes, Yun unpacked the map and began deciding their next location.

"Kija, where do you sense Seiryuu's presence?" Yun asked.

"Somewhere in that direction..." Kija pointed in the darkness.

"Something more helpful please. For example, is there a village for Seiryuu like there is for Hakuryuu?" Fubuki called out, listening in on the conversation.

"That I do not know. He has been in various places in the northern part of the country, but I heard that the clan of Seiryuu lived in hiding within the land of the earth tribe." Kija explained. "However, there was a time when the region that the village of Seiryuu was in unexpectedly disappeared. The whole clan was unaccounted for."