Chapter 29

"Lord Kum-Ji! What is going on?" A beautiful girl cried in desperation. "I heard I could find a job here..."

Kum-Ji only chuckled. "There is a job...a very important job. You'll have to wait until tomorrow night."

"Yona." Fubuki whispered in a low voice. "Lay low and stay calm."

Before Yona could nod in response, Kum-Ji yanked Yona over to himself by the hair. "Red hair? I see. How very unusual..." Kum-Ji observed, chuckling in glee. "Her face is quite beautiful - she'll sell for a high price. No...it would be a shame to sell her off." Grinning to himself, his evil intentions were clear. "They won't mind if just one is mine?"

Suddenly, Yun shot up. "I-I can do better!"

Fubuki's eye widened at Yun's attempt to distract the overlord.

"I can satisfy you better than that woman, Lord Kum-Ji." Yun continued. "So drop that girl and let me beside you~"

Taking Yun by the chin, Kum-Ji studied 'her' face. "...You're right. You're quite the fine jewel too. But-" Kum-Ji forcefull kicked Yun down to the ground, causing Fubuki to rush over to his side. "Don't interrupt me when I'm having my fun. I despise women who are impudent."

An underling shuffled from behind. "Lord Kum-Ji, please stop. You'll damage the merchandise."

"DON'T INTERRUPT ME!" Kum-Ji roared, throwing his servant to the side. Stepping onto Yun's head, the overlord suddenly felt a tug on his clothes.

Fubuki had crept forward. With quick thinking, she began to tremble and look up at Kum-Ji with teary eyes. "M'lord, p-please don't do this..."

Lifting his foot off Yun, Kum-Ji leaned over to Fubuki, who had pretended to flinch. "Another beauty I see, not to mention obedient too..."

Taking a section of her snowy hair, Fubuki immediately gripped onto his arm and whispered seductively, "...otherwise you'll regret angering me."

Flinching, he let her go. "I-it's too bad. I'll let the others deal with you. Nothing pleases me more than obedient women who tremble in silent, like this red-haired woman-"

But Kum-Ji was stopped short, a glimpse of fear flash through his eyes as he threw Yona back to the ground.

"...Girl, are you from Awa?" Kum-Ji asked, regaining some of his composure. "I went to Hiryuu castle a long time ago and saw red hair like yours. The name of that girl was Princess Yona."

Yun and Fubuki's eyes widened, shocked that Kum-Ji had managed to figure things out.

"You look about the same age as her." Kum-Ji continued. "Could it be you?"

Yona sat still for a moment. She then kneeled in front of the evil overlord. "I am the daughter of a poor Awa merchant. I heard I could find new work here." Placing two hands in front, Yona bowed before Kum-Ji. "I don't know of the princess with the same red hair as me. But for Lord Kum-Ji's job, if it is beneficial for me to become the princess, then I will let you call me so."

Taking in Yona's explanation, Kum-Ji smirked. "You jest too much. Princess Yona would not have unshaken confidence like that in a place like this. She wouldn't be looking for work either." Turning around to leave, Kum-Ji finished, "A girl like you? A princess? First of all, I hear the princess was kidnapped and murdered by her valet. A humble one such as yourself, wouldn't know that."

Once the door close behind him, Yona relaxed and dashed to Yun, "Yun! Are you okay?"

"God!" Yun coughed, while Fubuki rubbed his back. "What was he thinking, kicking a frail girl like that?! What a jackass!"