Chapter 2

This story will start from third POV of Niji.

"Italian" - In english because I'm too lazy to use GT.

Voice

~~~

It is when Niji is three, she starts to realize who and where she is.

"Mama, who is that?" Niji says and points her pudgy finger at her own reflection in the mirror. Her Italian was messy and all over the place. Even though English was her first language (was it? She can't remember), Italian had some spanish words in it that she couldn't make out.

Staring right back at her reflection (is it really?) was a turf of black hair, magenta eyed and ivory skinned toddler stared back at her. Is this really her? From faint memories (what were memories again?), she looked way different than the one she is staring at.

Her mother giggled down at her and picked her up under her armpits. "That, bambina," her mother's slender tapered hand lands on her head, patting it softly. "Is you." She finished.

That's me? Niji thought, tilting her head cutely making her mother squeal, unnoticed by Niji. That's not what I look like.

But that's what you look like now.

It isn't, Niji pouted, not hearing her mother babble on. I have- Niji blinked. She twitched (is it possible for toddlers to twitch?) in frustration. I have- faint images of a brunette passed by her eyes, making her head hurt. The brunette started to laugh as she ran, an object hitting. The image faded quickly as the voice spoke again.

Sorry, but I cannot let you see that.

See what?!

Niji got no response after that. She huffed and noticed her mother was gone and it was already sunset. The sun's orange rays shined through her window and she felt warm. Niji couldn't feel it, but she undoubtedly felt warmth from her body. She sighed mentally, now I'm alone.

You got me here!

Niji ignored the voice. It was stuck with her when she was born; when she told her mother her only response was a strained smile and a 'It will go away soon, bambina.'. She didn't understand, but the voice didn't go away, but she doubted the voice will go away sooner or later. Although it was lucky it have it with her, it could tell her who was lying and who wasn't. It could tell her of what is going to happen so she can prepare for it. The voice was useful, but Niji had a feeling it will turn on her eventually.

Niji's head snapped to the doorway as a maid (yes a maid.) came into the room. Her mother's personal maid, and Niji's caretaker, Shinohara, walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

"Come Miss Niji, your Mama is waiting for you." Shinohara led her to the dining room and saw her mother sitting in one of the chairs, next to another woman who was talking to her. The maid let go of her hand and beckoned her to go.

"Mama!" Niji ran to her mother and suddenly stopped. The other woman looked eerily familiar, the only thing that caught her eye was a bright orange pacifier hanging from the woman's neck. The woman stood up from her chair and pick her up and squealed.

"I never knew Reborn has a daughter!" she twirled Niji around making her mother fume. Who's Reborn?

This is too early...

What? Niji couldn't hear the voice from all the squealing and twirling her around by the woman. The voice didn't say anything else but was left to mumbling and murmuring.

"Aria! Put Niji down!" Her mother ordered Aria, making her pout.

"Mou," her pout then turned into a grin. "You even named her 'rainbow'! How can I not know this?" Aria asked her self aloud. Niji's mother deadpanned.

"Says the person who can see the future." Her mother says under her breath. The future? The voice's murmuring stopped abruptly.

"Alyse, you know my visions are very faint." Aria's head swiveled to Niji in her arms, she smiled softly and patted her head. "Niji reminds me of Yuni, except Niji is a lot more quiet then Yuni."

Yuni? Aria? Reborn...? Niji's mind stopped as vivid images swam past her in her mind. A boy with gravity defying hair with orange glowing eyes and other six people with different coloured flames on their forehead flashed in her mind.

Uh oh.

"Oh? Niji needs to sleep!" Panic. Panic was raising in Niji's stomach, her mind unable to process of what was going on. Her head raised up and eyes focused on Aria.

The mother of Yuni, and ninth Giglio Nero boss. Sky Arcobaleno.

This was too early...

Niji fell unconscious in Aria's arms, but was mentally awake. I am in Katekyo Hitman Reborn! She thought furiously. She was furious at herself for not noticing, furious at Erebus and that woman in white for sending her here, furious at that woman for giving her that pacifer and putting it into her own being. She thought the second chance would be in her world! Not this fictional world of fictional characters!

I shouldn't have accepted. Niji thought, tears of anger running down her face. She was in the space black abyss she was in when she was born. Why am I here? What is my purpose? Niji questioned herself then froze and recalled Aria's words.

'I never knew Reborn has a daughter!' She felt bile rising up her small throat. Reborn, home tutor of Sawada Tsunayoshi to become Vongola Decimo, the World's Strongest Hitman and Sun Arcobaleno. If she (Niji couldn't breathe. Breathe damnmit!) is Reborn's daughter then wouldn't that mean he knew?

"Of course he doesn't. Like every cliché out there in those stories." A bitter laugh escaped her lips, tears dried from crying and face red. If she was here, then wouldn't that mean Alyse met Reborn before the curse?

Her head pounded as a headache came from all the thinking. I don't even want to know. An imaginary mirror then appeared before me.

I guess I do look like him, Niji touched her head and scratched it awkwardly. I got his hair and nose while I got Alyse's eyes and face.

The mirror disappeared and Niji slumped to the black nothingness. This is all a dream. I will be back in my own world and forget about all of this.

Too bad this isn't a dream.

---
TBC