Chapter 4

Warning: A suckish character death?

---

Niji snapped open her eyes to see white.

*Beep*

*Beep*

Was she in the hospital? Niji thought dazly, the door slamming open, revealing Aria. The Sky pulled over a chair and sat at Niji's side.

"Are you alright, Niji?" Aria asked softly, breaking the silence between them. Niji nodded, dipping her head.

"Yes."

Aria smiled sadly and rested her hand on Niji's head. "I'm so sorry bambina!" She blinked at Aria's outburst, "if it weren't for my- my-" She pointed at the pacifer hanging from her neck. "This would not have happened!" Aria babbled on about how the situation was her fault. Niji sweatdropped at her.

"Alyse almost killed me-!"

"Miss Aria-" Niji was about to call her 'Aria-san' but decided against it. Calling someone with a japanese honorific will cause suspicion for Aria and maybe herself. This was Italy, not Japan. Even if Aria knew the future (or got visions of it anyway), it didn't matter. I don't want her to go into a touchy subject about my life.

"Maybe even Reborn will kill me! Boss or not-!"

"Miss Aria," Niji held her breath, "it's not your fault. It's-" Terra's fault actually "my fault."

Aria violently shook her head. "No, it isn't." Niji's eye twitched. "It's my fault actually."

A knock on the door made Niji and Aria looked at the door. It opened and Alyse stepped in. Walking (stomping) over to her bedside and letting out all her anger.

"Niji Luce Sinclair!" Wait, LUCE? "Don't ever scare me like that again! And I am talking to both of you!" Alyse's furious (scared, worried, glad) eyes towered over Aria and Niji. Aria purposely squeaked in terror, Niji simply mumbled a sorry.

Alyse then lets out a sigh of relief and sits on her hospital bed. "But I am glad both of you are safe." Two of her hands reached for Aria and Niji's head and patted it smiling happily. Her head turned to Niji, "Do not worry me like that again, Niji." then to Aria, "and if you do it again," Alyse's eyes turned sharp as she glared at the Sky Pacifier, making Aria take it off and hide it quickly behind her, and paused for dramatic effect.

"I will not let you see Niji again."

Aria paled, Niji sweatdropped, and nodded dozens of times. She acts like a child... "Yes ma'am!"

Technically she is, physically. But she is an Adult

...and how do you know this?

It was as if Terra didn't want to answer that, but answered anyway. Hesitantly. ...your memories

Oh.

"I have to go now, Alyse, Little Rainbow." Aria stretched out of her chair and ignored Niji's scowl (which looked to be an adorable pout in Aria's eyes) and went out the door.

Silence engulfed the room after the Sky Arcobaleno left the room. Alyse's eyes stared into Niji's, Niji looked away awkwardly.