~Chapter 6~ Moments

~ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᔕI᙭~ ᗰOᗰEᑎTᔕ

ᒪᗩTEᖇ Iᑎ TᕼE ᗰOᖇᑎIᑎG

Jin was freezing. His eyes slowly cracked open, and he could see the dull morning light. He couldn't remember when he had lost consciousness. After re aligning his leg, everything was blurry. But looking down at it, and seeing it sloppily wrapped, two thicker sticks used as a splint, he knew that must've been what he had done before passing out.

The previously white t-shirt cloth that was wrapped around his leg was entirely stained red by now. And it certainly still ached and hurt horribly. Jin tried moving his stiff fingers and arms, finding it impossibly hard to do so. He felt like they could fall off any second they felt so frozen.

Jin could see his breath, like white puffs of smoke right infront of him. He turned around a bit, to grab hold of the cold metal side of the car, trying to force himself to his feet. Moving his right leg made him bite down on his lip, stifling a cry of pain.

Jin tried telling himself that whatever he felt wasn't as bad as how bad Namjoon and Jungkook must be hurt.

Jin tried his best to steady his breathing. He had to find a way to get help somehow. But first he had to figure out where and they were hurt, because now with the daylight he would be able to tell.

"Jin...?" Namjoons voice cut through the silence, even though it was said silently, it was the only thing Jin had wanted to hear.

Jin was mostly to his feet by low, being by the driver side door, and opened it to see Namjoon awake, though seeming confused and in pain. Jin didn't even have any words to explain how he felt at that moment, plunging himself forward to wrap around Namjoons neck, trying to suck in his pitiful cries.

Namjoon was taken aback, but did end up returning the hug gently. Namjoon made his hands into fists in the back of Jins shirt, squeezing his eyes closed into the crook of his neck. It was pretty easy to understand what had happened.

Jin pulled away slowly, resting both his hands on either side of Namjoons face, and very gently pressing a short kiss to his lips before pulling away and searching Namjoons face for any injury. Jins eyes were full of tears.

"Namjoon I'm sorry- it's my fault. I know. This would've never happened if I hadn't had-"

"Jin," Namjoon cut Jin off before the tears able to begin. "this isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself. I'm just happy you're okay, alright?"

Jin squeezed his eyes closed, feeling Namjoons warm face underneath his probably freezing hands. But Namjoon didn't seem to mind.

"I love you," Jin choked on the threat of breaking down and sobbing once more. This was his truth. And it was all he needed, along with those four words to accompany it.

"I love you too. " Namjoon said silently, because he didn't have to shout it to translate how much it meant. For these words were for Jin alone to hear.

Jin softly kissed Namjoon again, his freezing chapped lips meeting with Namjoons. But compared to all the kisses before, this was the sweetest.

After a moment they parted, taking soft breaths, seeing them mingle in the distance between eachother.

The moment ended when Namjoon noticed Jins wrapped and bloody leg.

"Are you okay?" Namjoons eyebrows knit together in concern. Pulling away a little to get a better view on it. Jin bit his lip.

"I don't know. " he replied, having to put a hand on the doorframe to keep his balance on the one leg after Namjoon pulled away a little. "I should be asking you the same thing. When.. When the car had first crashed it was dark, and I couldn't get any view on you or Kookies injuries..."

Jins eyes wandered to the back row of the vehicle where Jungkook was. Even in this morning light it appeared he hadn't moved at all. This made Jins heart skip a beat. He instantly felt horrible for the moments he had forgotten about Jungkook, worrying on Namjoon.

"Try to figure out what hurts, I'm gonna go see if Jungkook has woken up yet. " Jin instructed, before slowly making his way around the car, holding onto the side and limping around. He could hear Namjoon unbuckling and some movement.

Jin found his way back to where Jungkook was in the car and opened up the door, hovering his hand over his mouth. After a short moment he could feel his warm breath on his hand, in a slow exhale. Jin was relieved Jungkook was still alright, and took this moment to look him over for any major injuries.

From what he could tell, there weren't any visible gashes on his body. Other than his head of course, where he had wrapped not more than a few hours ago when it was dark. Carefully, Jin inspected his arms, and it all seemed alright.

Jin pulled up his shirt a little to see if there was something he couldn't see, and was surprised to see purple bruising all over his abdomen. Jin frowned, and saw that it tracked up nearly all the way to his chest. This couldn't be good. Jin would've wanted to move him, but knew that doing so would be risky. He had no idea what injuries went unnoticed and could be fatal if Jin did anything wrong.

Jin replaced the blanket around Jungkook carefully, taking out a jacket from the bag and putting that over him as well. His top priority was to keep Jungkook warm right now.

He closed to door slowly, still trying to trap warmth inside the car, and slowly hobbled his way back around to where Namjoon was, standing, and leaning against the side of the car, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose and his eyes squeezed closed.

"Namjoon?" Jin said softly, and the other opened his eyes and looked over, his eyes seemed glassy and unfocused for a moment.

"W.. Where are we? Jin, why are we here?" Namjoon seemed confused, and almost panicked. Jin swallowed.

"Namjoon, do you remember what happened?" Jin said, afraid of what this meant. Namjoon closed his eyes for a moment, seeming to be straining for a distant memory.

"We... Were driving. And something happened.." Namjoon trailed off.

Jin bit his lip. "We crashed. You were out for a few hours and Jungkook... Jungkook still hasn't woken up yet. Do you remember?" He said this slowly, begging for some indication that Namjoon really remembered. He just nodded a little bit, glancing over at Jin.

"Jin, what happened to your leg? Are you okay?" There was concern clear on his face as he stepped forwards and put his hands on Jins shoulders.

Jin blinked away the tears in his eyes. This wasn't good.

"I'm fine.. I'm fine. " Jin said quietly, touching the side of Namjoons face. If he didn't remember the crash, and what had lead up to it, that means Namjoon didn't remember when they had told eachother that they loved one another.

Nothing had felt more painful then to have such a beautiful memory, but know that it had been forgotten because of this terrible accident.

"Namjoon does it hurt to stand?" Jin changed the subject, looking at him up and down.

"Not very much. "

Jin nodded, and took a deep breath, but feeling a sting of pain when he did so. He ignored this.

"Do you have your phone in your pocket?"

Immediately Namjoon checked, and pulled it out. The screen was busted. Namjoon cursed underneath his breath.

"How far did we get to town before we crashed?" Namjoon asked, knitting his eyebrows together in question.

Jin tried to remember. It wasn't that far, but far enough that making a trip to either the Cabin or Town would take a long time to walk, especially with the three of them. Even if Namjoon of Jin went by them self, it would take awhile.

Jin didn't want Namjoon leaving with this concussion. Yet at the same time, Jin couldn't walk far on his own with this leg. And of course leaving Jungkook alone was out of the question. But so was carrying him.

"I'm not sure. " Jin leaned back against the vehicle again.

He needed some time to figure this out. He just needed time.

All I ever do is buy more time when I don't have any left.