~Chapter 8~ Be Strong

~ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ EIGᕼT~ ᗷE ᔕTᖇOᑎG

"I-I can't..  mo-ve my legs. "

Jin's eyes widened. He was in a stunned silence for moment, before trying to get ahold of himself.

"I'm sure it's nothing, okay Jungkook? I need you to try and relax. You have to stop panicking- focus on breathing, okay?" Jin tried to keep his own voice from shaking. Jungkook squeezed Jins hand tightly, and Jin saw the tears down the sides of his face.

"It hurts so bad hyung." Jungkook said quietly, trying not to cry, but failing. Jin felt himself wanting to cry, seeing Jungkook like this.

"It's okay. You'll be okay. " Jin responded in a hushed tone, using his other hand to wipe away the younger ones tears- but the ones he got rid of were replaced quickly.

Jin turned to look around, trying to spot Namjoon when he felt something wet hit his face. He looked up and there it was again- a rain droplet. Then another.. And another. It was starting to rain, and it felt cold as ice. Jin became extra aware of just how clearly he could see his own breath, and how cold he felt. It was almost like all warmth was drained away from his body.

He only imagined how cold Jungkook was right now, feeling his hand shaking as he was still holding onto Jins like a lifeline.

"Namjoon!" Jin called, not seeing him anywhere nearby. The rain was starting to come down harder, already starting to soak through Jins clothes. He looked over to Jungkook, then back to the trees. He tried calling to Namjoon again but there was once more, no response.

Jin felt his breathes begin to shallow again, feeling panicked. He didn't know what to do. He still felt weak, from nearly going unconscious earlier. But something had to be done. He had to find Namjoon, because it was clear that just yelling wouldn't do anything.

"Kookie, I need you to not panic right now. I have to go do something really quick, just focus on breathing. " Jin could hear his own voice shaking and it bothered him. He wasn't sure if it was from shivering or fear. Perhaps both.

Jungkook nodded, and gave Jins hand one last squeeze before letting go, his eyes still closed tightly.

Jin used the side of the car to slowly pull himself to his feet, closing the car door. The movement to go to a standing position made him overwhelmed with nausea, and he pressed his forehead against the car.

The rain felt like buckets of water being dumped from the sky. Jins clothes were entirely soaked through, and he felt frozen in place. He was cold. Tired. Hungry. In burning pain. He felt sick to his stomach, forcing himself to pull away from the car.

"Namjoon!" Jin yelled again, desperate this time.

It's all my fault.

•••

Lightning cracked in the distance, and Yoongi held on firmly to the steering wheel as he drove up the incredibly uneven road, back towards the cabin. It was starting to rain now, and it was getting worse by the second. Yoongi glanced to his phone screen, watching the reception. It kept going in and out around this area.

Yoongi had to slow down, leaning forwards to get a better look as he drove. Even with the windshield wipers it was hard to see. And Yoongi definitely wasn't taking any chances with this weather.