Chapter 14 (A): Knockin' on Heaven's door

There's gonna be some violence, be prepared!

"Osomatsu... Karamatsu... I...", your words felt heavy. How where you supposed to decide when both of the brothers technically said the same thing? "(y/n), please. Trust me. We've known each other for so long. Let's kill this demon together!", Karamatsu held out his hand. You looked at him, tears filling your eyes. "Kara, I-" "No! (Y/n), you know what we've been through! I saved you from dying! I was the one who told you about everything, heaven, hell and all that! You know you can trust me.", Osomatsu came closer. "I- I don't know what to do I- Do I have to decide? Can't we all just be friendly with each other? Haven't we been through enough already?", your voice was shaking, talking hurted your throat but you knew too good they weren't going to listen to your words. You had to decide. Decide between heaven and hell.

Meanwhile in heaven

"Jyushimatsu, what is going on down there?", Choromatsu asked calmly. "Oh Choromatsu! (Y/n) has to decide between Osomatsu and this human boy, I think it's Karamatsu?", Jyushimatsu walked up to Choromatsu. "What do you mean *has to decide*?", he asked with a confused look on his face. "Well they both offered her... something? And she has to decide now if she wants to go to heaven or hell I guess. So... this is the big decision? If she chooses the wrong path she will..." Choromatsu sighed. "It's up to her. The demon is not good for her. I don't know about the human boy though. I don't know him well enough.", he turned around and walked to the gate that lead to heaven. "We'll have to wait and see then."

Back on Earth

"So? What is your answer (y/n)?", Karamatsu asked, coming closer. You looked at him. "Tell me... Y-You're not... going to choose him,  right?", Osomatsu came closer. You looked at him. "I don't want to choose. I like both of you, but..." "But?", they both said at the same time. You walked up to Osomatsu, hugging him. "I'm sorry, Osomatsu. I liked you." Osomatsu gasped at the sudden touch. "What do you mean you're-" His facial expression got darker, he stared at the ground. You let go off him, taking a few steps back. Tears started to roll down your cheeks. "So you're really going to-", Karamatsu interrupted his sentence by punching him. Osomatsu fell to the ground, not moving. You quickly looked away. Out of the corner of your eye you could see blood. "Is he... is he still breathing?", you asked, crying even more now. Karamatsu wiped your tears with the sleeve of his hoodie. "Don't cry my love. He deserved it." "But isn't he-" "My brother?", he asked. You nodded. "No, that thing wasn't my brother. He just... kind of... shapeshifted. He may look like my brother, but it's still the demon. Look.", he pointed to Osomatsu who was now back in his demon form, still bleeding and not moving. "But-" Karamatsu interrupted you with a kiss. "Hush, don't talk now. We're going home, alright?" You nodded, smiling.

While walking, you and Karamatsu held hands. Your thought about what happened. Everything seemed so... surreal. It happened so fast you didn't realise anything. Karamatsu just... punched his own brother who was actually a demon you were friends with. You suddenly felt dizzy. "(Y/n)? Are you okay? Do you want to sit down?", Karamatsu asked, stopping. He looked at you. You nodded. "Y-yeah, I think I need a few minutes." He nodded. "Of course, take all the time you need."
You two sat down on a nearby bench. You sighed, trying to collect your thoughts. "Do you think... everything will go back to normal?", you asked him, staring at the moon that was mixing with the horizon. He smiled, looking at you and taking your hand. "It will be, trust me, (y/n)" Karamatsu tilted your head and kissed you. You felt save and loved and comfortable. It was a magical moment. You closed your eyes, hoping this kiss would last forever.

Suddenly, you heard a calming voice. "(Y/n), it's time to wake up. You did it. You took the right path. Everything will be okay now."

You woke up, laying on the bathroom floor. Looking around you felt a piercing pain in your back. "Ack- what the-" You touched your back and looked at your hand. There was blood on it, blood on the floor, on your clothes, on your face. You started screaming, the pain got bigger and you passed out.

You rapidly opened your eyes. 'I'm... In my bed? Was it all a dream?' The room was glowing and you could feel the warmth of the sun even though the windows were closed. You looked around. 'This... this isn't my bedroom?', you thought to yourself and got up. But... you didn't touch the ground. You were floating a few centimeters above it. You panicked. 'W-what's going on?!' Searching for a mirror you flew through the hallway. No one was there. 'Am I... dead? Where am I?' After searching for what felt like a century, you find a small mirror at the end of the hallway. 'Are these... wings? And a halo? Am I an angel?' You took a few steps back. The hallway suddenly started breaking apart. 'What is-' You tried flapping your wings but you fell through the ground into a black abyss. Even though you tried screaming, no sounds came out.

You woke up again. There was sweat all over you and you breathed heavily. Your heart felt as if it was going to pop out your chest. "Oh god was all this just a dream? Am I awake now?" You heard footsteps. Your eyes burned and you couldn't swallow properly. The footsteps came closer. "W-who is this?", you tried asking but your voice cracked. The door opened with a creak. Your eyes widened. "Good morning love, how are you doing?", you heard a familiar voice say. The person opened the door. "Karamatsu!"