Chapter : 8

Jane's POV

I was forced to put a small smile on his reaction. He suddenly fell down and I held him. He was sweating badly. My plan was finally successful. He responded to shock.... He stood up. First time in five months. I almost let out  a shrill cry in happiness.

"You... Are a hell of a crazy woman." He muttered as his head rested on my lap. I hugged him for some time and played with his long locks a bit.  He was out of breath. After some time when he was normal I helped him up to the chair.

"You saved my job Haz." I said in a playful.

"And I saved my life." He retaliated with amusement. "See, I told you this... You'll kill me in trance of yours and look what you did" he joked.

"Whatever Styles... At least you got up on your feet." I said victoriously.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. "I'll take it." I said and went towards the door. I saw a mailman and took the letters.... Not actually letters but bills. I was shocked at the number of envelopes. As I read through , they said

Electricity bill warning
Gas bill warning
Water bill warning
Land tax warning.
Mobile phone bills
TV connection bills
WiFi bill

And finally a letter..by

"John?" I said in surprise. Harry dismissed him three months ago cause he had some family issues.... As harry had told me.

"What John?" He asked in a low tone. Why was he suddenly so low? I decided to shrug it off.

"I'm reading it out aloud." I said and opened the envelope. I mean we were semi-best friends. If that was a thing... But I was astonished when he grabbed the letter from me in a rather rude manner.

"Easy, Styles. That ain't death threat" I laughed lightly but he scoffed and his expression didn't change a bit. "Or is it a death threat?" I asked with my eyebrows up. He half smiled and crushed the letter and threw it in the dustbin.

That was weird......
_____________________

As my shift ended at Mr. Harry Styles' house, I headed towards the hospital to check on other patients. I was really happy since Harry stood on his legs for the first time in five months but I was also worried about his financial condition. His money is ending up and he's not doing anything. He's just wasting it like a rich brat. What he doesn't know is that this rich brat doesn't have a workaholic father.

He's gonna end up on road like this. Today I saw so many bills ..... Still unpaid! As I drove towards the hospital my worries intensified. I was so tempted to call him and tell me to get his shit together and find a new job in regards with his condition.  But on the inside I was worried about how he'll react. We are good friends not that good that I can share everything.

My mom used to say I was very introvert towards strangers. But Harry is not a stranger anymore.

You need to get yourself together. You need to be brave and save him... Ugh why do I have to save everyone? I thought to myself. Am I mother earth? No
Am I Harry's wife? No
Mother?  No
Then why???????
Am I his friend? Sort of
Am I a concerned citizen? Yes!
Am I a compassionate doctor? Yes!

I am so good... Well done Jane...

_________________________

Soon after my mental rant and pleasing myself I parked my car in front of hospital. I walked through the halls and got into my scrubs...

Since I saw Dr. Hunt performing a trauma surgery. I decided to apply for the residency program. I don't know what got into me but my new interest in surgery made me sign the form. And guess what!?/?!.... I GOT IT.. That too in my own hospital.

It was wise of me to do graduation in medical school before joining the physiotherapy course. It helped me now... Yayy... I'll be a surgeon and a physiotherapist in three years.

"Wilson, OT 5 ...now.. We need as much hands as possible.", Sarah, my fellow resident called out. " What happened ?" I asked putting on my examination gloves. "A bus accident, everyone is in a  pretty bad state. Trauma centers are booked up. We need help. Go to OT 5 now! " she said and hurried towards the trauma center.

It was my first experience of a mass accident. I hurried into the operation theater.  "Wilson, Thank God! Come here and hold the retractor." Dr. Hunt beamed.

"I'll be there in a sec" I said and headed out to wear the surgery gown, wash hands , wear gloves and mask and cap...

________________________

I finally came out of the theater. It was 5:00 a.m. now. We all congratulated each other for the commendable work we did today. Three surgeries in a row had taken the best out of me. I had been in the same room for like 16 hours. Without anything to eat... Without going to the bathroom. Isn't this life beautiful. You and your passion your  save lives. Anyhow,my bladder was about to burst so I ran as fast as I could before it gave up publicly. Especially when I am being appreciated for my work.

Pretty much embarrassing.

_____________________

"I can't go home. I'll sleep while driving", I beamed into the residents' lounge. "I'll drive you home", Sarah smiled.

" Yayy" I sounded rather drunk. She giggled at my comment. I changed my clothes and headed towards the parking lot. Sarah dropped me to my apartment. I thanked her dearly.

When she left I hurried towards my bed. I couldn't think properly. I wanted to dream about me getting a full body massage so much. Without having any strength to change into my pajamas I stumbled and fell onto my bed. For the first time I in life my bed felt the most comfortable thing ever discovered by man.

My life felt complete as I drifted into the arms of night......