Chapter 7 - Girls day out

Chapter 7

"Lia! This is like the 20th dress you said no to, isn't there at least one that gets your eyes?" Emily said frustrated.

"Emily you're the one that dragged me here in the first place. You said how I needed to look good, so I'm making sure I look good."

I carried on walking around the shop and looked for a suitable dress I would wear for my birthday that was 2 weeks away. I was turning 18 and that itself made me happy.

"OMG WHAT about this one?! ITS SCREAMS 'LIAAA'" Emily said screaming.

She showed me a vintage looking black dress that was knee length in size. It was completely black but it had some sort of navy black pattern that went around the dress. It was tight at the top, and waist down it was slightly flowy.

"It's beautiful" I said out of breath. It was the perfect dress for me.

We went to the changing room to try on the dress. Emily sat on the chair outside my dressing room and waited for me to put on the dress.

Finally, after a good 5 minutes, I managed to put It on. I zipped it up and walked out to Emily.

As I was walking out, there seemed to be a lot more people outside than I had expected. Emily gasped loudly which caught everyones attention to me.

"LIA OH MY GOOD LORD! YOU LOOK SOO BEAUTIFUL ARGHH I FEEL LIKE CRYING" Emily said screaming and running towards me.

She mumbled something quietly as she was walking around me, observing the dress carefully. I couldn't exactly hear what she had said but it sounded like 'he is not gonna be able to keep his eyes off you'.

He?
Who?
What?

"LIA OMG YOU HAVE TO GET THIS IT IS THE ONE!" She screeched again, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"I know Emz, I love it"

After I changed out of the dress we went to the cash point to pay for it.

There was a guy who looked the same age as us behind the till. As he saw us approaching he stood up straight and smirked.

"Ergh, what a freak" Emily said quietly so only I could hear. I laughed slightly and went up to the guy.

"Hello there" He flirted. I completely ignored him and put the dress down on the till.

"Wow, I wonder how you would look in this dress" He said raising his eyebrows slightly.

Before I could even reply to him, Emily beat me to it.

"Listen here mate, why don't you put your dick back into your pants and let us pay for this dress."

"I'll certainly put my dick somewhere else" he said smirking again.

Emily glared at him and opened her mouth to speak again.

"If you don't put that dress in a bag in the next 3 seconds, you're not gonna be able to put your dick anywhere" She threatened him.

His mouth slightly hanged open and he put the dress quickly in the bag whilst murmuring the price.

I gave him the money and took the bag. "Keep the change, you might need it" I said and me and Emily walked away.

"I swear Lia, I was this close to punching that smirk off his face"

I laughed again at Emily's major mood swings and completely changed the topic.

"Wanna go eat?" I asked her, knowing that would make her happy.

"What kind of retarded question is that? Of course I do!" She said getting excited.

We walked to McDonald's which was not that far away. We ordered our stuff and sat down at an empty two seated table.

"So, how are you and Cole doing?" She said wriggling her eyebrows.

Suddenly I remembered what had happened last night. How I told him about my mother.

"I told him." I said looking down at my fries.

"Y-you told him?" She said, making sure she heard what I said correctly.

"Yeah.... And we Skyped the other day" I said looking back at her face to see her reaction.

"So, you know how he looks now?"

"Yep"

There was complete silence between us too. It only lasted a couple seconds before Emily started screaming.

"OH MY GOD IS HE HOT?! HOW IS HIS ACCENT?!?!?! ARGHHHHH IS HE HOT?? COME ON TELL MEE!"

"Wow Emz calm down. And yes, he's probably the hottest guy I've ever seen." I admitted to her.

"Awwww, this is soo cute. You've finally found your true love. I mean you both love the same music, he clearly cares about you-"

"How do you know he cares about me?" I questioned.

"W-well you know, you guys talk like every day and night. He clearly cares" she said, stuttering at the beginning.

"Oh" I said, having no other response.

We stopped talking about Cole and finished our food. We walked out of the mall and to my car, driving back home.

I just couldn't stop thinking about what she had said today. First when she mumbled 'he is not gonna be able to keep his eyes off you' and then back at McDonald's when she said he clearly cares about me like she knew personally that he cared about me.

Bit odd...