Chapter 36

"He is not a lover who does not love forever." - Euripides

Chapter 36

Harry POV

Pacing the cell, pulling my hair, wanting nothing more than to just go to her. It's been nine months and she could have the baby any day. I just wish that her friend stopped by, telling me she is safe and okay. I just can't stand this and I literally am being eaten alive. The demon is possessing me so much and I can't eat anymore. I am skin and bones, needing strength.

"Styles."

I turn and see the police standing at the cell.

"Someone bailed you out."

I widen my eyes and walk out. They walk me to the front and I see Brian standing there.

"What? Why would you-"

"I think my grandniece needs to been seen by her father."

I shake my head and look at him. "You can't be serious."

He smiles and the police walk away. He walks to me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Harry, the little girl that you two created together, is the most beautiful baby in the world. I couldn't stand knowing that the baby would be without a father her first years."

"I have a daughter?" I ask.

He nods and my smile grows. "Little Sydney Therese."

I feel like jumping and cheering. I need to see my baby. I need to see Mack.

"Come on. We need to get you changed and to the hospital."

"When was she born?"

"Last night, around ten. I went in this morning and I swear, I turned soft with the little one in my arms. She is so small."

I smile and Jess walks into the courthouse. "Harry are you out?"

I nod and she jumps. "Come on, we left her with the nurses. Let's go."

I nod and we walk out. I get into Brian's car and he drives to my apartment. I walk in and walk to the bedroom, but walking back and noticing the nursery set up. I swear I can not wipe this smile off my face. I quickly change and grab my phone off the table.

I walk back to Brian and I get into the car. He drives to the hospital and I literally feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Nervous?"

I nod and he pats my back. "Don't worry. Mack hasn't stopped talking about how much she misses you."

I smile and he pulls into the parking lot. I get out of the car quickly and walk to the doors, Brian closely behind me. "Here, I will lead you to the room and you can make some grand entrance."

I laugh and nod. We walk down a hallway and he walks into the room, Mack's voice filling my ears.

"Uncle Brian, here so soon," she laughs.

"He couldn't stay away from the little peanut," Jess whispers. Mack laughs and I build my nerves.

"I actually brought you a present, something you might need to stand up for."

I smile and hear Mack questioning what's going on. I walk in and she turns her head, her eyes widening and a smile on her lips.

"We should leave," Brian tells Jess. She nods and they walk out, closing the door behind them. I open my arms and tears leave her eyes. She walks over to me and I wrap my arms around her, holding her tightly.

"Harry, how are you here?"

"Your uncle bailed me out."

She cries and wraps her arms around my neck. I hold her close and kiss her cheek.

"I love you so much Mack. I am so sorry I couldn't be with you. I wanted to be with you so badly, but I couldn't leave. I am so sorry."

"Harry it's okay. I get it and I love you. I needed you and you clearly needed me."

She pulls away and grabs my hands. "You lost a lot of weight."

I nod and kiss her forehead. "The demon. It's eating me alive. I couldn't eat."

She looks at me sadly and brings her hand to my cheek, brushing my hair back. "Well, you're here now and I need a kiss."

I laugh and lean down, kissing her softly. I have missed this feeling so much.

"Now, I have someone I want you to meet," she smiles.

I peck her lips one last time and let her go. She walks over to a little crib and lifts up a small baby, carrying her over to me.

"Harry, this is Sydney."

She places the small baby in my arms and I don't think I have ever saw anything so beautiful. I walk to the couch and sit down, never taking my eyes off her. Mack sits down next to me and places her head on my shoulder.

"She has your hair, eyes, and nose," she whispers, kissing my neck.

"Yes, but is as beautiful as you."

She places a hand on my back and I kiss Sydney's forehead. She grips my finger in one of her hands and I hold her close.

"Mack, she's so beautiful." I look at Mack and she smiles.

"I don't think I could have a more perfect baby. She hasn't cried that much," she laughs. I smile and place my hands around the baby, lifting her up and kissing her forehead.

"I am a father."

She laughs and sits up. "Yes you are."

"I am the father of a baby girl. My little girl." I lay her down on my arm and stand up. I place her in the little crib and walk back to Mack. She stands and I wrap my arms around her and hold her close.

"I am so happy Mack."

She rubs my back with one of her hands and I kiss her neck.

"I have never been so happy to see a baby before, but Sydney is ours."

She squeezes me tighter and I lift her up, spinning her around. "Harry," she laughs.

"My God Mack! We are parents!" I smile. I set her down and she slightly stumbles but I pull her into my waist.

"I love you," I smile, her eyes looking into mine.

"I love you too Haz."

I kiss her and then I hear cheering. I let her go and see that everyone is standing in the doorway. And by everyone I mean Brian, Jess, and now Tom.

"Harry, I need to talk to you," Brian says. I nod and kiss Mack's cheek. I walk out and Tom asks to hold the baby. I smile and Brian closes the door.

"I have never seen two people so in love before Harry."

"Where are you getting at?"

He shakes his head and laughs. "I want to know if you were going to ask her to marry you."

I look at him and feel my stomach turn. I knew this was the question everyone is going to be asking me.

"I honestly had no plans for marriage but I don't want a baby with unmarried parents. I thought about it a lot these past nine months and I think I want to marry her."

"I just want you to know that I want you to marry her. She deserves you way more than she did her ex-boyfriend Axel. You marry her, I am happy and I approve."

"Thank you sir." He shakes my hand and I walk back into the room.

Tom is currently sitting on the couch and talking to the baby, saying things like how I'm an idiot and she should date all the boys she can.

"Um, I don't think so."

He laughs and Mack walks to me. I wrap my arm around her waist and I kiss the top of her head.

"Jess thinks that Sydney will be the girl all the boys will want."

"Yeah, they better stay away if they know what's good for them."

They all laugh and Brian grabs Sydney. "I think Syd will not date until she is 30, just because I don't want her to have a baby like some 19 year old girl I know."

He looks at Mack and she hides her head in my chest. I laugh and rub her back, kissing the top of her head. "It's okay babe."

"Well, Mackenzie, I need to leave. Take care of my little pumpkin," he says, handing the baby to her.

"I will. We go home tomorrow."

She nudged my side and I smile. Mack starts to walk into the room and hands the baby to Jess who happily takes Sydney into her arms.

~~~

Mack POV

After every one leaves, Harry and I stay up and sit on the hospital bed together, Sydney in his arms.

"I really am proud of you, Mack. I don't know how you did it."

"I had a lot of help and reassurance from Jess."

He kisses my forehead and holds Sydney tightly. He calmed her down fairly well after she started crying and he was smiling the whole time I was feeding her, smiling at seeing my breast I assume. What a nerd.

"I missed you Haz."

"Trust me, I missed you more."

I smile and he kisses my forehead.

"She is so beautiful. You created the most beautiful baby in the world."

"We Harry. We did it."

He turns to look at me and I kiss him.

"You are amazing," he whispers on my lips. I smile and kiss him again.

"So are you Haz."

He kisses me and I close my eyes, feeling his lips move with mine.

"God I missed you," he moans, sliding his tongue into my mouth. He places an arm around my shoulder and holds Sydney in the other. I move one of my arms under her and place the other hand on his cheek.

"Stay with me forever," I whisper, his lips kissing my jaw.

"Forever baby. I can't leave you."

"Good, because I won't let you."

He smiles and kisses me again. As soon as he starts deepening, Sydney starts crying. Harry kisses my cheek and stands up, carrying the baby around the room. She starts to calm down and Harry kisses her forehead. He lays her down in the crib and lies back down next to me.

"I have to tell you something and you have to promise you won't get mad," he whispers.

I nod and lean into him, holding me close.

"Dan, he found out. It was all over my phone when I got home and I am worried now. I don't want you to be scared."

"Harry, I honestly am not scared anymore. You're here, but I am more worried for Sydney. She is a baby and they will try to get her."

"That's why we need to stay away from them. I haven't contacted them in a year so they won't get to us for hopefully a while. We need to protect Sydney and stay safe together."

I nod and he kisses my cheek. "Did the others get out?" He shakes his head but smiles. "I will be bailing them out tomorrow."

"That's nice of you. Especially for Liam, Niall, and Zayn."

"Don't even let the name Zayn slip from your lips. He is a traitor and I will not ever talk to him. As for the other two, they are still dead to me."

"Why Harry, why can't you forgive them?"

He shakes his head and grabs my hand in his. "They drove my family to their deaths. And I can't stand that happening to you. Or Sydney."

"Harry, they want your forgiveness."

"Yes, but they also killed my family."

I brush my thumb over his prominent knuckles and he kisses my forehead.

"Will you at least try? For me? I understand Zayn but the other two. Liam is really nice and Niall is too. Please Harry, they are your friends."

He takes a deep breath and lays his head on my shoulder, kissing my neck.

"I can't say no to your beautiful face," he whispers and I smile.

~~~

"I can carry her in Mack," he says when he parks the car in the parking lot. I nod and get out, walking to the trunk and getting my bag out. Harry takes the baby carrier out of my car and waits for me, grabbing my hand and walking into the house.

"I am finally home," he whispers. He kisses me and sets the carrier down on the counter, taking Sydney out of the buckles. He lifts her out and kisses her cheek, carrying her to the living room.

"I have to watch the game," he says, flipping on soccer. He holds Sydney in his arms and I smile, looking at the happy sight. I walk to the kitchen and place the baby carrier on the floor. I wipe up the counter and walk to the bedroom, grabbing a blanket for the baby. I take it to Harry and he takes it, wrapping it around a sleeping Sydney.

"Do you need anything?" I ask him. He shakes his head and kisses Sydney's forehead.

I walk back to the bedroom and grab my phone off the table.

I expect to get you back. You can't leave me and not pay the consequences. -Axel

I left him two years ago. He probably won't do anything to me. He can't, not with Harry here. I set my phone back on the table and walk to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and strip off my clothes. I wash my hair and body, cleaning myself of my humidity induced skin. I get out and brush my teeth. I put on one of Harry's shirts and a pair of leggings. I walk out and don't hear the TV anymore, just singing. I walk to the nursery and see Harry, joggers and no shirt on, holding Sydney in his arms, softly singing to her.

Oh oh, grateful for your existence
Faithful no matter the distance
You're the only girl I see
From the bottom of my heart, please believe

You're all that matters to me, yeah, yeah,
Ain't worried about nobody else
If it ain't you, I ain't myself
You make me complete

I smile and lean against the doorway. He kisses her forehead and lays her in the crib. I smile when he walks to me. He kisses my cheek and I look up at him.

"Now I get mommy to myself," he whispers, closing the door and lifting me up. I laugh and he carries me to our bedroom. He lays me down on the bed and climbs on top of me. I place my hands on his cheeks and pull him closer.

"I don't ever want to be away from you again," he whispers. I kiss him and he holds me close.

"Never again," I say in between kisses. He lies down and pulls me on top of him, still kissing. I hold his face in my hands and he places one hand on my waist, the other one on my thigh. He pulls my thigh up and runs his hand up my leg.

He runs his hand up my shirt and places his hand on my bare waist. I pull away from the kiss and place my forehead on his, looking down into his eyes. A smile cracks on his lips and I press a kiss to them.

"I love you," I whisper, pulling some of hair back.

"I love you too," he whispers back, taking my waist in both hands.

My wet hair falls around us and I brush my nose with Harry's, leaving a small kiss to his lips.

"I want Jess to watch Sydney tomorrow so I can take you somewhere."

I nod and grab my phone off the table, texting Jess who immediately agrees. I am about to turn off my phone when it is snatched from my hands, Harry looking at something.

"Axel is texting you Mack, and he wants you back. Why didn't you tell me?"

He is trying to stay calm and I place my hands on his cheeks.

"Because I wouldn't go back to him if I have you. Besides, he's a waste of space."

A smile peaks on his lips and he places the phone back on the table, rolling us over, and kissing me hard to make up for the time we spent away from each other.

(Please comment and vote! I love you all and I hope I can do an update tomorrow! I love you all and I would love to hear where you all are from! It's freaking cold where I live so comment!! <3)