Chapter 42

Bella 

With Dumbledore’s funeral having been just a few hours before, I was prepared to leave Hogwarts. My trunk was all packed, and all I wanted to do was leave the grounds before nightfall. I knew that it wasn’t possible though. The train that was taking us home didn’t arrive until the morning. I was going back home despite how Blaise felt about it. He made a deal with Ron, who talked to his parents and got him a space to stay at the Burrow. I would follow him once I persuaded my parents to leave as well. Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long to do so.

“I could go with you,” Blaise offered as we stood on the balcony of the Astronomy tower, watching the sunset.

I lifted my head off his shoulder and shook it at him. “No, Blaise. It’s not safe for you in our neighborhood. I have to do this alone. I promise I’ll be back in a proper amount of time.”

“Would convince them before the end of the night too much to ask?” he smiled at me as his thumb gently rubbed my hand.

Being there with him felt right. I looked him straight in the eyes and a tingle went through my body. I bit my lip and rested my forehead against his. The warm spring wind gave me chills as he raised his hand and caressed my cheek with his fingers.

“I’ll see what I can do,” I whispered.

He smiled. “Good. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

My heart skipped a beat in my chest. “I wouldn’t know what to do without you either.”

He then kissed me. My arms wrapped around his neck and deepened the kiss. All I wanted to do was melt into him and become one. There was absolutely no other man for me on the planet. Gregory had been what I needed at one point in my life, but I need Blaise for the rest of my life.

“I love you so much,” he whispered against my lips as he pulled away only slightly.

I smiled, which felt funny against his lips. “I love you more than you will ever know.”

“I love you more than you will ever fathom.”

“I love you deeper than the deepest ocean.”

“I love you more than the length of my intestines.”

I pulled away to raise an eyebrow up at him.

He laughed. “It’s suppose to be able to wrap around the globe twice or something like that.”

I shook my head. “I think that might be an old wise tale.”

“It’s not like I care anyway,” he pulled me back to him. “As long as our love isn’t a wise tale, than that’s the only thing I care about.”

I don’t know if it was the night air or the fact that we were reunited, but I know that usually I would’ve laughed and told him he was cheesy. Instead I swooned. I kissed him yet again and then sighed in content as I looked up at the sky, which was beginning to get dark. I felt tears wet my eyes and Blaise had pulled me back into his ams.

“It’s going to be okay,” he told me and kissed the top of my head.

I smirked. “They’re happy tears. I’m so glad that you’re back, Blaise.”

“I should walk you back to the tower.”

I nodded. If we were caught out after hours, we would get in trouble. They had made our curfew after seven and it was probably approaching fast. We entwined our fingers together and walked down from the Astronomy tower. I didn’t want to spend the night away from him, so I said just that.

“We could get into trouble i-“

“I don’t care,” I cut him off. “It’s our last night together for God knows how long. Is it at all wrong that I want to spend the night with my boyfriend?”

He shook his head. “I guess not.”

Sneaking him in was easier than expected. I mean, the common room was practically empty. I pulled him into mine and Hanna’s bedroom. I looked at her bed solemnly as Blaise wrapped his arms around me from behind.

“I’m sure she’s just fine,” he said, kissing my neck.

I turned to face him and kissed him full on the mouth before pulling away. I wanted us to be one before everything that had happened and everything that will happen. Nothing could tear us apart, not even Voldemort. Blaise had stood up to his dad for me. What else was I supposed to do? So, I lifted my shirt above my head and tossed it aside.

“Are you sure?” Blaise said, trying to hide his smile.

I smirked at him. “Without a doubt, I’m sure.” I then kissed him as passionately as I could.