Chapter 3 : Pansy

Pansy

“Did you hear what happened?” Millicent came up to me with a huge smile on her face. “I heard from Cho who heard from Padma who heard from Parvati who heard from Lavender that Hanna and Draco broke up!”

“Wait,” I said, not being able to follow a single word that she was saying. “Slow down and just repeat the message. Who cares who it originated from? Just get on with it. I’m not in the mood.”

I hadn’t been in the mood for most things since the Hogsmeade trip that I made the biggest mistake of my life on. The one where I kissed Robbie because I thought it would be a good idea to get Hanna and Draco jealous. It was a brilliant plan at the time, but it just backfired was all. Not on me. I know that you were thinking that because of Hanna accusing me of having feelings for Robbie, but it’s definitely not me. It’s Robbie. He’s like become obsessed with me. It’s like he’s fallen in love with me or something.

The thought makes me shudder so.

I know that I felt something when his lips touched mine, but I was just getting caught up in the moment. I am in love with Draco. There is no one more…perfect for me. Draco and Pansy forever!

“Draco and Hanna broke up,” she said more slowly.

I looked at her in shock. “Are you complete sure that this is true? Did you see it? What happened?”

“Well, I wasn’t there. I heard it from Cho who heard it from Padma who heard it from Parvati who heard it from Lavender. I’m guessing that Lavender was the one who saw it or heard of it first. Cho said that Draco broke up with her because he was in love with a more beautiful girl or something like that,” she shrugged happily. “You know what this means don’t you?”

I nodded. “That he’s still in love with me.”

I knew that he was. I’ve been telling Milli that since the day that I wanted to get back together with him after our little…fight? Could you call that a fight? Oh well, that is what I am calling it. I know that we can move past it and we will. Hanna was just a little fling, a little detour if you will. I am the only one for Draco Malfoy, always have been and always will be.

“What are you going to do?” Millicent asked me as I stood.

I smiled at her as I fixed my hair in our mirror. “I’m going to work on getting Draco back, right now. Come with me, Milli. I couldn’t possibly do this without you!”

She followed me down to the Great Hall, where we found Blaise sitting and eating breakfast. We glanced at each other before sitting across from him. He seemed a little distant, so we bit our tongues until he realized that we were there.

“You’re not getting anything from me. If you want to know what happened, you go to Draco. I’m not getting in this position again. So, girls, get out of my face before I make them,” he said, looking back down at his oatmeal.

“Are you sure you won’t tell us?” I asked in my sweetest voice that I could conjure up.

He looked back up. “I’m sure. Now, go.”

I sighed before standing and heading for the door. Milli was right next to me, mentioning something about how something seemed off with Blaise, but I was a little too distracted. There was a pair of beautiful eyes following me across the Great Hall, ones that I didn’t even want glued to me. Robbie smiled at me, but I looked away from him. I didn’t want him. I didn’t! I wanted Draco. No one but Draco.

“Did you see Robbie watching you?” Millicent pointed out.

I shook my head. “No, that’s not possible,” I lied as I looked over my shoulder and caught his eye again before Millicent dragged me off to our first class. His eyes were just so beautiful.