Twenty Seven

"Are you crying?" I asked Pete.  He wiped his tears away.

"They were separated from each other" he sobbed "They were all each other had"

"They killed their mom" I said.  We had just watched some weird movie. 

"B-but, they were all they had" He sniffled. 

"Awh baby" I laughed.  I hugged his head to my chest and ran my fingers through his hair.  He cried on my chest like the bug softie he was.  "This is not how I wanted to spend the night before our wedding"

"I'm sorry" he whimpered.  He pulled himself from my grip.  "I'm okay" he said calming down.  I kissed his forehead and smiled. 

"You're so cute" I said. 

"I'm crying over a movie" he laughed weakly "I'm such a fucking twat"

"Shut up, it's absolutely okay to cry over small things like movies sometimes.  That does not make you a twat"

"It does though-"

"It means you have a really big heart.  And you do.  So hush up, you are not a twat.  You're just my teddy bear.  My big, strong, soft, teddy bear" I cuddled myself into his side.  He threw his arm around me "I love you bear"

"I love you too sweet boy" he whispered.
-----
We went against the whole not seeing each other all day thing.  Even though I'm extremely superstitious, I went along.

"What if something bad happens?  It's bad luck" I said.

"Patrick calm down" he said brushing his hair. 

"Something bad is going to happen, I can feel it" I said pacing. 

"Patrick" he rolled his eyes.  "Just please get ready, we're getting married soon"  I frowned.
-----
"I know you think I'm crazy" I said behind him.

"I do" he said.

"It's just that, it's bad luck, I always try to avoid bad luck"

"Do you wanna get married?" he asked stopping at his car "Because I wanna get married.  I do.  I don't care okay?  I really don't.  Not about luck or about superstition or about anyone who said we couldn't make it.  I wanna be your husband.  I wanna be yours" He grabbed my hand "Fuck it and be mine.  Be my husband" He kissed the back of my hand, and as he was walking away something dropped from his pocket as he took his hand out of it.  A penny and it was heads.  That meant, it was lucky.  That meant, everything would be okay.