Chapter 8

Levon's POV

"So I heard your brother got beat up yesterday at the party..I wasn't invited to. I regret not crashing in. I missed the fight of the century."

"Huh?" I said, looking in the direction of the voice. "Oh, hey Luke."

"Uh..yeah. What's wrong with you?" he asked, giving me a strange look.

I smirked slightly remembering the events of last night. "Nothing." I lied.

"Levon, you do know you can't lie. Your nose crinkles and your lips twitch." Luke said, in a matter-of-fact tone, crossing his arms and pointing his nose up.

I whacked him on the head and rolled my eyes. "It's nothing you'd be interested in anyway."

"Aww, come on!"

"It's nothing!"

Luke stretched his eyes open and pouted his bottom lip. "Pwease?"

He knew I couldn't do anything against that face. "Okay, fine. It's nothing. I just met a girl and I'm interested in her. That's all there is."

"That's all there is? Are you kidding me? This is huge! Who's the girl?" Luke said, pulling the ends of my collar.

I pushed him away, wincing slightly. "I don't know her name. She wears a blonde wig and has purple hair underneath."

Luke's face grew dark and the corners of his lips fell forming a frown.

"Tyler Wilson. That's her name. Not matter what happens, don't get involved with that girl. She'll suck you dry and then throw you away."

"What do you mean?"

"She pretends to be a hot blonde chick and then makes you buy all this crap for her. Then she dumps you, taking all of the stuff and leaving you feeling horrible." Luke explained.

I smiled. "But she didn't pretend to be a blonde chick with me, though."

"Really? Well..just don't get involved with her." he warned me.

"O-oh..okay."

Luke walked away, leaving me confused and weary. I looked up, about to walk to my class but then saw a flash of purple hair. I walked over to her and pulled her hand so that she was facing me.

"So..you're a girl who pretends to be a blonde girl and that tricks guys?" I said, raising my eyebrow.

She smiled. "So what?"

The next thing I say is something weird and unlike me. "Well..I'm going to make you fall for me, Tyler Wilson."

She laughed and then jerked her hand out of my grasp. "Sorry darling, I'm not gonna fall head over heels for you. But I'd like to see you try."

And with that, she walked away, her footsteps forever resounding in my head. She left me shocked, rejected but wanting more and more of everything she had to offer.

I licked my dry lips and unclenched my fists.

Just watch.