Chapter 4

Mel stared at me blankly for a few seconds. Her lips curled up into a smile.

"But do you have any ideas?"

I grinned. "Not at all, you?"

She snorted and I burst into laughter.

"And to think I thought you finally had something going on in that head of yours." she remarked.

I slapped her on the back playfully. "My head's not nearly as hollow as yours." I retorted.

Mel pretended to be offended and then muttered, "Maybe because you haven't got a head at all", before darting up the stairs that were in front of us.

I chased after her, rolling my eyes.

I panted exaggeratedly and gazed around us.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Upstairs?" Mel said, stating the obvious.

She glanced around and then pointed to one of the rooms.

"We could use this room to start brainstorming for our prank!" Mel exclaimed.

I shrugged and followed her in.

"So..?" Mel said, dropping herself onto the bed.

"Well..what about calling the police?" I suggested.

She shook her head. "But we would get in trouble too, wouldn't we?"

It was my turn to shake my head. "We could pretend to be an old couple down the road..."

Mel snorted. She walked around the room pretending to be an old man with a walking stick. Suddenly, I heard a door creak open. A blue eye peeked through the crack and I jolted, shocked.

"What the shit!" I yelled.

"Sorry, I wasn't aware there would be people in my own room."

The guy walked in and closed the door behind him.

"So, what are you doing in here?" he interrogated.

"We're planning to ruin the party." I blurted.

A mischevious grin appeared on his face. "Wicked. Can I join in?" he said, winking.

Before I could even think, Mel said, "Why not?"

I gave Mel a look that said 'You traitor' and then I realised I was in my princess mode. I rolled my eyes and pulled off my wig.

"Holy shit, is your face next?" the guy asked, surprised.

I chuckled. "I'll consider that next time." I said.

"So how are we going to do this?" Mel questioned, looking at us.

I shrugged. I had no idea, seriously.

The guy grinned evilly. "I've got this plan I've been saving up for months. It's been my greatest desire to ruin one of my brother's parties.."

Mel gestured for him to continue and tell us the rest of his brilliant plan.

"First, we call my parents. I'll tell them my brother tripped down the stairs or som-"

I cut in, "What about him getting stabbed by a bunch of thieves down the road? That's a lot more gory and exciting."

He shook his head. "And a lot less believable."

"And then they'll probably come rushing over home from wherever they are. And they'll catch my brother all alone in the house, drunk with a pool of mess around him." He rubbed his hands together, licking his lips.

"How are we going to get him alone?" Mel said as if he had missed the most important point. I leaned closer, curious.

"I'll leave that for you. Make it fun." he said, waving us off.

"Yes sir." I said, saluting.

It was time to get this plan in action.

Sorry for the late upload!