1 - The Awakening

1

The Awakening

-Maya-

A swirl of black mist cascades around me, blocking my view. I wave my arms about, trying to disperse the malevolent fog, but it makes no difference: the mist just seethes arounds me. The smog climbs up my face, seeps deep into my nose, and clutters my airways. I fall to my knees, clutching my throat but to no avail. I begin to choke, gagging on the foul haze, feeling my consciousness slip away...

Suddenly, at the speed of a Manectric, a muscled arm blasts into view.

The arm emits a glowing white light, pushing back the obsidian mist and instantly evaporating the clouds of the mist inside me. The malignant fog disperse's with a hiss, and recedes into the distant, floating up and away until only a few smoky wisps remain. 

I look up, brushing my brown hair away from my face, to see my saviour. Before me stands a boy. He is smaller than me, with sapphire coloured eyes and dusty brown hair. He wears a pair of glasses, broken on the edge, and only kept together with a coil of thin silver wire. Upon his hair is a dusty bobble-hat, with the faded letters 'GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE'' on the brim. He looks the typical young teenage boy, except for the fact that his whole body is emmiting an aura of light, like he is an Electric Type Pokemon.

'Thank you' I utter, my voice coarse from the fog I previously inhaled. The boy looks at me, with a curious look on his face.,His eyebrows arch, and his lips purse, like i just swore at him or something. Beside him, I spot a Metagross, its red eyes glowering at me. The Metagross must belong to the boy.

'What's your name?' he asks. His voice is high, higher than i expected, but is soft and gentle, like an autumn breeze.

'Maya.' I reply instantly, looking into the boys deep blue eyes.

'I'm Joss' He says, then gives me a quizzical look, like i've just asked him a strange question. 

'What is it?' I ask, curious at his expression. He shakes his head slowly, then utters a final sentence.

'I'm trapped. Find me at the Sentient Hills.' He says. Its an extremely weird thing to say, but he asks it like it's the most common thing to say in the world.

"i don't know where that is?' I ask, but the boy - Joss - ignores me, like he can't hear me. The eerie light surrounding his body suddenly gets brighter, quickly escalating, till I have to squint to see him.The Metagross begins to shine to, getting brighter and brighter and brighter.

'Joss! Where are the Sentient Hills?! Joss!' I shout, but his face is completely natural, like he can't hear me. The light suddely completely envelopes him and his Metagross's body, blocking out his face and torso. I can feel the heat radiating on my skin, burning away at me. The light is so bright, I feel myself falter backwards, my essence dispersing until im gone, and everything is quiet...

I awake, screaming my head off. It takes a few confused seconds to realise that what i just experienced was a dream. Joss, the light, the mist, the Metagross, it was all a dream, but a bloody realistic dream at that. I actually felt the light on my face, and the mist choking my lungs, and heard Joss's voice.

'Who is Joss' i think to myself, pondering on the thought, but nothing comes to mind. I feel like i know him, though, but from where i cannot determine. I curse myself for not knowing where he's from, or who is is.

Actually...i can't remember...anything? Who am I? Where am I? Oh My God! All I know is that my name is Maya, that I can remember! But where I'm from?, Who my family is?, Where am I?, I can't remember!