Chapter 6-I dare you!

Chapter 6-Katniss POV

     We sit in a circle with an empty rootbeer bottle in the middle. I sit with Clove and Glimmer. My friends. In one day, I went from having two friends to having eight. Wow.

"Katniss!" Finnick says.

"What? Sorry."

"You go first."

"Okay." I spin the bottle. It lands on Marvel.

"Truth or dare?" I ask.

"Truth." he says. Dang it, I'm so bad at truths!

"Um... who is the prettiest girl here?" I ask.

"Clove.." he blushes and spins.

"Finnick, truth or dare?" he asks.

"Dare."

"Put ice cubes in your underwear until there is no more room."

Finnick grabs a cup and without thinking, repeatedly scoops ice cubes into his underwear. After a few scoops, he screams.

"ITS SOOOO COLLLDDDDDDDDD!!" he cries. We all laugh as he turns the shower on hot and jumps in, clothes and all.

"Not funny." he says after changing.

We continue the game for awhile, and finally, the bottle points at me.

"Katniss, truth or dare?" Finnick asks.

"Dare." I say. Oh no. What am I doing?

"Tell anyone in here your deepest secret in the world. It can be anyone."

THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME KISS SOMEONE.

As anyone would've expected, I pull Peeta into our room.

"I'm basically an open book, but...." I swallow.

"You don't have to tell me, Katniss. I'll just pretend if you want." he says.

"No, I think it'll be better if I get it off of my chest."

"If you wish."

"I get nightmares. Really bad ones. I always slept with stuffed animals at home because they made me forget a little bit, and I had the comfort of another being, even if it was stuffed. I can't have them here though. That would be so embarrassing. I'm scared though, Peeta. What will I tell everyone when I scream in the middle of the night because I have no one to cuddle with, to give me comfort?"

He just hugs me.

"I don't know, Katniss. I'll figure something out for you... I promise. Thank you for trusting me so much." he leads me back to the living room.

I let Johanna spin the bottle for me, and it lands on Peeta.

"Truth or dare?" she asks. This is our last one so we want it to be good.

"Dare." He says.

"Go in the closet and kiss Katniss. Not seven minutes in heaven, just a kiss. But, you'll be locked in there until you kiss."

Shoot. And we aren't getting out of this one. The only way you can get out of a truth or dare is to take off a clothing item. Peeta is already only wearing his shirt and boxers. And I would never make him take of either of those. We made it a rule to not let any boxers, bras or underwear come off anyways. And I would never make Peeta have to explain his bruises.

We go into the closet and Peeta grabs my hand and makes the most believable kissing noise ever. Wow. He pretends to be pulling away from a kiss while They open the closet back up.

"That was fast." Cato says. Finnick smirks at Peeta. Peeta just looks away sadly.

"Peeta whats wrong?" I ask.

"Um.. my stomach hurts. From earlier." I can see that's he's lying, but I don't bug him about it. It's 11 pm, so we go to bed.

Finnick passes out right away after explaining how he's going to stay up all night. Peeta turns out the light and takes off his shirt. He asks me,

"Do you need someone to cuddle with?"

I nod and he crawls into my bed. I lay my head on his bare chest. We aren't doing anything except for him curing my nightmares, which is all I want. Nothing sexual. Just cuddling.

Peetas POV

     I wake up and look at Katniss. She's so beautiful. I wish she looked at me and saw what I see in her......

I gently stroke her hair. She wakes up. Her gray eyes stare into my blue ones. "Morning, gorgeous." She blushes and giggles. Shoot. I forgot we're still just friends. And I was just helping her through a nightmare...

"Hehe, hey handsome." she winks and crawls out of bed. She is wearing a crop top and spandex. I stare at her, I can't help it. I'm a guy, and she's a hot girl.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so fat! I'm sorry!" She says when she sees me staring.

"What?! No no no no no no no, you are NOT fat!" I say.

"Then why were you staring?" she asks.

"Because... because um..." How do I tell her without her knowing I love her?

"Because I'm fat." she says.

"Katniss Everdeen! You are NOT fat! Don't you EVER say that about yourself!" I am about to cry.

"THEN WHY WERE YOU STARING?" she asks.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE GORGEOUS, OKAY?" I pull on a shirt, shorts, and grab my shoes and keys. I go down the elevator and get in my car. I drive down to the meadow that Katniss, Finnick and I found while getting lost on our way to the University.

Katniss POV

     He thinks I'm gorgeous?

I pull on a pair of sweats and a white tanktop. Over it, I throw on a blue sweater. I grab my keys and shoes and drive to the meadow. We decided it would be our place when we got lost and found it.

I get there and see his car parked in the closest parking lot, which is for an Ice Creamery. (A/N idk if thats a real thing but oh well) I buy a large tub of chocolate ice cream and grab two spoons. Then, I head through the meadow to a beautiful tree we found with a swing.

That's where I find Peeta, swinging back and forth.

"Hey..."

"Katniss, why are you here?"

"Peeta, I'm sorry I got so upset this morning.. I'm just insecure about my body..."

"But why?" he asks me.

"I don't know, Peeta... I truly don't. I guess everyone has at least one insecurity. I just have a few and one seems to be my body..."

"Katniss, don't you dare tell yourself that your body isn't good enough. You are amazing in every way and I lo-" he stops himself. I am unsure to do with the awkward silence, so I say,

"Okay, Peeta." and hand him the ice cream.

And I don't know why, but I give him a quick kiss and leave.

-------------------------------------------

YAY FOR EVERLARKKKKK! lol...

okay so I just realized I have two votes! Tysm!

I love you all soooo much!

please excuse any errors!

btw, this isn't gonna be a "dirty" fanfic, sorry to burst anyones bubbles haha!

-peetaeverlark♥