Chapter 9-Homecoming Part 3

Chapter 9-Katniss POV

"Alright ladies, this is serious business!" Glimmer says as she drives us to the mall. Her and Annie are giggling in the front seat.

"What are we doing?" Johanna asks.

"Should we tell them?" Annie gives Glimmer a nod.

"We're buying our homecoming dresses!" The two squeal.

Johanna groans, and Clove and I don't really care.

We park and get out of the car and before we know it, Glimmer and Annie are dragging us to their favorite stores.

"Ah!" Glimmer squeals. "This dress is SO fab!" Johanna, Clove and I roll our eyes while Annie agrees. We just don't understand such girly talk. It is cute, though. It has a glittery top and black skirt, which she will look great in.

Soom enough, we have all found our dresses.

Johanna found a nice red dress with lacy red sleeves. Clove got a super similar one, but in black. Annies is a sea foam green one that goes past her ankles. Finally, mine is a simple red tanktop dress. (A/N pictures will be posted on the side or you can check out my polyvore @peetaeverlark♥)

After some shoe, accessory and makeup shopping, we go home.

"What's up, ladies?" Marvel says, thinking he sounds cool when he really just sounds like an airhead.

"Don't come over here!" Glimmer says.

Of course, Finnick rushes over.

"Whatcha got there, Ann?" he says, trying to take her bag.

"No!" she giggles. "You can't see it yet!"

We dart to her room where Finnick chases her, but we makes it in time and lock the door.

"We need to hide these." Glimmer says loudly, knowing the boys are listening through the door.

"Yeah, we can't let the boys see these." Clove emphasizes the word boys.

"Let's put them in Clove's lockable drawer!" Johanna grins.

"But where's the key?" I sigh.

"It's under my mattress!" Clove is about to laugh, so Johanna covers her mouth.

We unlock her drawer and fill it with pictures of guys that are gonna be going to the University. We circled their faces with hearts earlier in case we had wanted to prank the guys.

"There we go!" Clove says. She then puts the key under Glimmers mattress.

Afterwards, we fill our blanket basket with our bags and cover them back up with the blankets.

Glimmer then sets up a camera on her pillow so the boys wont realize it's on.

As we walk out, the boys are running down the hall.

"And then I- oh, hey." Cato tries to say casually.

"Alright, well we're going to do some.. stuff..." everyone giggles. "But we'll be back soon!"

We make sure that as we walk out, we whisper how we can't wait to see "him" and how hot "he" is. The guys just watch us.

As we close the door, we hear sprinting and "Whose 'he'?"

We all get in Johanna's car before cracking up.

"Wait... won't they suspect something since we didn't fill the drawer with the bags we walked in with?" Annie asks.