Chapter 1

NEGAN'S DAUGHTER
Chapter One
"I'm Not Your Honey"

      I took a deep breath and sat in the crisp RV my father had just stolen from a bunch of pathetic people. There was only a man in it, he had this kickass mullet I couldn't help but love. He was taken by some of my father's men and abused. I watched as they punched him fiercely making him cry. He finally admitted where the rest of his group was and we followed their tracks.

My father, Negan, and I sat in the RV, listening to voices and orders for them to kneel on their knees. I peaked out the window, there were about 9 of them from what I could see.

They looked like they were about to burst in tears as they were sat down. I began to feel pity, and even tears myself, as I saw a women on a bed who looked sick. A look of shock rose on her face as the men took the bed away and two of her men held her tightly in their arms. I felt soft tears fall on my algid, pale cheeks.
My father saw them.

"Salem..." he whispered, his bloodcurdling voice wrapped around my soul tightly, and it wouldn't let go. I felt the urge to burst out crying, holding it in only made it worse.
My throat began to go up and down, my heart beating in my chest. I felt like spitting out the words, but I just couldn't bare it.

"Why are you crying, honey?" He asked softly, that same voice that frightened me and cut my soul open and slipped in.

"Daddy, please don't hurt them...." I whispered, letting my fears go. I knew that with the words from me, he would do less harm than he had to. But he would still kill. At least one. And I didn't want him, too.
He'd pick the girl. With the petrified face and short, brown hair. Because she was the miserable one. He'd make it easy for her. Put her out of her misery now. Later, he'd tell me if was for a good cause. But I wanted to help her.

My dad's lips pierced, his cruel eyes narrowed, this time not into my soul but instead my heart. My bright heart. Filled with happy memories with my father. Before he became like this. Before Momma died.
"Oh, sweet Jesus, honey." He almost yelled, his heart shattering voice sank into my arms like deep cuts and his eyes lay steady on me. "You know I gotta kill to survive. Me and ol' Lucille here," he said. He took his bat, which he calls Lucille, and placed it on my shoulder.
I knew he wouldn't hurt me, but I still began to tense up and let more tears go.
"Salem, honey. You know I'd never hurt you. You know that don't you?" He asked, as most sincere as possible. But no matter how genial he tried to be, he just couldn't muster up the three words I wanted to hear from him.
I love you.
That's all I ever wanted to hear from him. But I was wrong to. Because he never even said he loved Lucille, his bat. Which I'm sure he cares about much more deeply then he does me.

A whistle stung the air.

"Well, that's my cue. I'll be back soon. Try not to think about that much, okay honey?" He said before ruffling my hair and leaving me baffled on the chair.

My mind went blank and my gut was full of worry. I didn't want to look, but I didn't want the short-haired girl to die.

I watched my father, slip out with a smile. He looked so evil, and everyone looked so hatefully at him. Hatred.
I enmity when people look at him like that. I may give him glares sometimes, but there eyes are full of animus, malevolence. It just makes me so doleful, sad, dull. Compared to my father, I am dull. Just a small star in the universe.
But he's the moon, the creeps out from the hills at night. It's small loathsome smirk trickles on the mischievous ones, he shows a full moon when he kills. The brightness coming from his circular shape are wounds he's caused for people. Including me.

I was right. He pointed at the girl, and mumbled a few words. I could only muster up "....ugly.... shit!"
I then saw something I've never seen before, an Asian man, I believe, jumping out to my dad, almost to punch him. But a man pulls him down and drags him back to his spot, where he pleads again.
That must be his girlfriend.
I remember that man, we kept him hostage along with these other three people I don't remember very well. I remember the pitiful look he gave me. My dad would kill him. And for some damn stupid reason, I didn't want him to.

I sat and watched my dad, as he finally stopped in his tracks and eyed me in the window. His dark eyes stared into mine, and suddenly the sun rose in his eyes. I saw softness.
He smiled at me. I gave him a weak, beggarly smile back.
What happened I didn't expect.

Crack.

Screams.

Cries.

He just smacked the damn skull of a poor man who was trying to help the woman! He had red hair, and a long beard. Even if my dad stopped now, I'm sure there was no way he could be healed.
I stared at the man, who mumbled something so quiet he probably didn't even hear it himself. My dad hit him again, this time blood splattering everywhere, almost reaching the RV window.

"Did you hear that? He said suck my nuts," my dad cackled, just loud enough for me to hear.

I wanted to burst out laughing, because hell, that's funny. But the man's death caused me grief and I couldn't even bare to think about how I would guff to my dad after this.

He stopped and let them free, then came back into the RV along with his men. I sat at the table in shocked as I stared at the blood piles outside the window. I watched everyone just sit here around them, and as we drove away the short-haired girl stood up. I saw her hug a young boy that looked about my age.
He turned and saw my eyes in the window, then quickly turned back to the women.

I felt devastated, drained of all my emotions. My dad took a seat beside me and handed me a small bowl with spaghetti and meatballs.

"Want some?" He said, with a big mouthful of spaghetti. "It's good, honey."

My anger got the best of me.

"I'm not your honey!" I shouted, slamming the bowl out of his hand. It shattered on the ground, and the sauce was all over the RV carpet.

My dad's eyes narrowed, and I could tell he was  angry with me, but instead of screaming, he ordered one of the men to clean it up. He took my hands.

"Salem, precious?" He whispered. The voice came again, the spine-tingling horror. The cackling voice who killed that poor suck-my-nuts man.

"Don't talk to me," I muttered, my hair covering my face as I scooted until I was squished against the wall of the RV in my seat. I took my hands away from him and crossed them in my lap.

"Salem, listen to me." He whisper-yelled. "Everything is okay, okay?"

"It's not," I murmured, in the same position.

"You've never seen me kill?"

"Yes, I have."

"This is a man you didn't even know, for gods sake! Why do you care?" He screamed, his bloodthirsty, brutal voice echoed through the RV, and more tears flew down my cheeks.

I was a waterfall, completely putting on the water works when he dragged me into a hug. This wasn't one of our awkward hugs, no, it was something much more, something I really enjoyed.
I hated him right now.
But he loved me, even after all I did to him.
I uncrossed my hands and pulled him in tightly, the smell of blood and death came from his shirt, but I tried not to take too much notice.

"I love you, Salem." My dad whispered, and this time the voice didn't scare me. It was soft and promising, reassuring and perfect.

"I love you, too, daddy."

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

That was my first chapter of Negan's daughter! I'm not sure how to think of this, so please leave comments below and tell me your thoughts! If you find any errors please help me correct them! Thanks, I hope you liked it!😇