Chapter 9

NEGAN'S DAUGHTER
Chapter Nine
"Good Girl"

*****
1k views?! Thanks so much! :D

Just a reminder; Glenn never died he was just out hunting for things but didn't come back for a while.

{Salem's POV}

The gates opened, and I stood in fear on Carl's lap as I saw my daddy walking in. With the Asian man that tried to save Maggie in his grip. He had his arm over the man's shoulder, and the air stung of piercing cries from Maggie, which were lowered when Enid ran to her.

"Well, well, well. How's it been?" My dad asked, dragging the man by his ear and the gates shut. Where was everyone else? And why was my dad here?

Rick aimed his gun at my father, his eyes locked on him.

"Hey, hey. None of that. Do you want me to kill this son of a bitch right here?" My dad cackled, looking at the Asian man.

The man was beat up badly, scars and bruises, blood dripping all down his face and neck and back. All he did was stare at Maggie who was being held by Enid.

"I want someone," My dad said and looked directly at me. My eyes narrowed.

"We're not giving up anyone here!" Rick said with a cruel tone, and the Asian man looked offended and shocked. I would be too if someone in my group wouldn't give up something for me back.

My dad cackled. "Just give me Salem, then I'll be gone."

My eyes widened as I came into Rick's view. He stared at me with blood-shot horrified eyes. He didn't like me, I knew that, but would he really give me up? My heart pounded against my chest as I looked up at Carl. His face was pale and had tears and all he could do was stare.

"Daddy, don't do this!" I cried.

"Then, I guess, you won't get this shit bag back!" My dad said, as he began to walk away. "Well, it was nice attempting forming a trade anyway." My dad said slyly, and the moment the gates began to open for him to leave, Maggie's cries grew louder, and I jumped out of the wheelchair.

"Fine! Take me!" I screamed, hatred filling my lungs.

My dad turned around and gave me a feenish smile, his beard covered in blood.

"Salem, no..." Carl huffed, trying to pick me up. But it was no use. I squirmed out of his grasp and began to run to my dad.

He welcomed me with dark eyes and a huge grin. He threw the man on the ground, and Maggie was soon running towards him.

"Good girl." He simpered with placid tears running down my cheeks. He grabbed onto my arm harshly and I stumbled trying to keep up as the gates closed and screams from Carl were heard. I hate my dad.

***

{Maggie's POV}

I ran over to Glenn, my heart pounding and placid tears escaping my eyes. I knelt down beside him, blood dripping from his nose and mouth. He looked up at me and tried his best to smile, but I could tell it caused him pain just to do that. Just to smile at his wife.

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered through sobs, my head touching his on the ground.

"M.... Maggie, it's n.. not your fault," he mustered up, his head beginning to rise. He looked around him, everyone staring at him in shock. His head fell into my lap.

I rubbed his hair gently. "Shh, it's not your fault either." I said, tears still dripping from my eyes.

"Let's get him to the doctor!" People were crying, lifting him up.

I kissed Glenn's bloody and sweaty head before he was carried off from me.
Please, let my husband be okay.... I thought, my head hung low as Enid wrapped her soft arms around me.

*********

I walked into the doctor's room with Enid, Glenn was on the hospital bed with machines hooked up to him. But only a few; they had informed me that Negan took some of them. That son of a bitch.
I saw Glenn awake and ran over to him, my heart pounding and my frown turning into a soft smile. "Hey," I whispered, small giggles coming from knowing he was alive.

"Maggie...." he said, his voice low. He reached his hand out to touch mine. I clasped one hand around his and the other on the bed.

"You're feeling okay?" I asked softly, watching the doctor smile at us.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Okay? I don't want you to." He said softly, his eyes locked on mine while his brain in his own little land.

"I will always worry about you, even if we're close together..." I said to him, and a smile crossed his chapped lips.

"I love you Maggie." He said.

"I love you, too." I responded, placing a soft kiss on his lips, making him tense for only a small second but go with it.

I let go and all we could do was smile at each other.

************

{Salem's POV}

Millions of thoughts overflew my mind as I was shoved into my closet. I broke down in tears as I fell onto my sheets. I was happy, and daddy knew I was happy at the Hilltop. Why would he just get me something I loved and take it away from me?
I threw my pillow behind me, shutting my eyes tightly and letting burning tears out. I don't care if my dad heard my screams and mourns anymore. He wouldn't understand what I just went through, what he's been putting me through this whole time. I looked down at the bare floor in front of me where the pillow was thrown, and there was a small photo.
Of our family.
I grabbed onto it and ripped it in half, not even thinking or realizing this was the last picture I had of all of us together. Tears escaped my eyes and I looked down, seeing the tear. Half of it was my dad and me, my arm around him and his around me, the other half was my mom. She was smiling. And I wanted her to come into this closet and tell me everything was going to be okay. Tell me she would take me home. Tell me she could take me with her. Instead a soft knock was heard. The doors opened and there was my dad; who came and sat beside me.

"Salem?"

"What do you want, bitch?" I growled, my heart racing with millions of thoughts.

He sighed, his cool breath on my neck. My increased heart beat began slowing back to normal.

"Salem, I'm sorry...." he whispered.

"No! You're not sorry!" I cried, the picture still held in my hands.

My dad picked the piece with mom into his grasp. He held it unsteadily, and I could feel tears entering his eyes. I placed my head on his shoulder, and he placed his head on mine. I looked up at him, and he smiled down at me. A single tear fell onto his cheek, with moments later fell onto my face. I pulled him in for a hug, knowing he needed this, and held him there for what seemed like hours.

But it was okay.

Because I was alive.

He was alive.

And we were together.