Chapter 7

NEGAN'S DAUGHTER
Chapter Seven
"Then I'm Going To Give You A Choice"

In a fit of rage, I pushed the heartless body away from me. My eyes grew cold and a snarl was plastered on my face.

Even the strongest people struggle. What the hell does that mean? I mean, it's not like my dad is struggling with anything; he doesn't care to harm, to cause death, he doesn't care for anyone except himself and Lucille.
His eyes grew dark and bitter as the heavy breaths of Carl filled the room.

"You get away from me you heartless shit bag!" I screamed, the sound echoing into his heart and stopping Carl's loud breaths. Tears stung in my eyes as I watched my dad's expression go flat. He looked...... sad.

"Salem-"

"Why the hell did you kill her? Huh? Why did you kill Mindy?!" I shouted, my mind filled with madness and my eyes filled with regret and envy.

My dad's eyes grew dark and they fell to his feet. He stood and watched me with careful and pitiful eyes. Carl began to cough softly. Then it got louder. And then louder. And then blood came out of his mouth. I shoved my dad out of my way and ran to Carl, blood surrounding his mouth as he lay on the floor.

"Carl! Carl!" I screamed, rushing over to him as he coughed again. "Daddy, he's dying!" Not that he would care.

My dad rushed out, and I knew he wouldn't come back. So I had to do what I could. I grabbed a washcloth and helped him wipe of blood as he coughed up more into a towel. Suddenly, my dad rushed back in with something in his hands. I wasn't sure what it was and he placed it in his mouth and he stopped coughing.

"Daddy, what's that?"

"It's an inhaler," my dad said, it seemed as if he had stopped being his terrible self and changed into this kind person.

*********

After Carl was settled and got the hang of the inhaler, I sat in the other room with my dad on the couches. He gave me a smile grin but I didn't return one to him.

"Why?" I said finally. "Why would you help?"

"Because.... you love him, Salem. Real or not real?" My dad asked carefully.

I spun my head to his direction as worry filled my body. But honesty was always the key to a good happy life. And I wanted that. With Carl. "Real," I whispered, thoughts of us filled my mind.

My dad paused and then sighed. "Then I'm going to give you a choice...."

"A choice? Boy, this better be good." I said, avoiding eye contact with him.

***************

{Carl's POV}

I hated this, I hated it more than anything. Sitting in pain and silence as the mumbling breaths of Salem and Negan were barely heard in the room beside me.
I let placid tears fall down my cheeks as I crossed my arms over my stomach, my knees curling up to my chest and my head falling into them. All I could do was cry. And cry more and more after that. I thought of my dad, and how he might be attempting to save me, but being sent away by Negan's men; for they weren't like Salem. Salem was the kindest, prettiest, and the most caring person I've ever met. She's not afraid to speak her mind and can stand up to anyone, including me.
I thought of my mom, Lori, at that very second. More tears fell down my cheeks as I remember her grip on me tightly and me watching her stomach getting sliced open and her last breaths were in a scream.
I remember shooting my kind-of-dad-for-a-while, Shane, after my dad had secretly killed him and then informed everyone later. I was frightened of my dad at that moment, but I couldn't say anything to him. I could hear to guff to him at all after that.
I remember everyone. I was around everyone, gotten used to them, loved them; but whoever you love is sure to leave you.

My mom, Shane, Amy, Andrea, Dale, Hershel, Beth, Jaquia, Sophia, Ron, Sam, Jessie, Deana and her husband, Lizzie, Mica and their dad, Tyreese, Nicholas, Denise, Olivia, Spencer, Aiden, and Abraham...... And I'm sure more will come, and I forgot so many important ones.... so many lives that had a purpose to live up to, all ruined by this hell. This hell I couldn't bear to live with anymore.

"So many important people....." I mumbled to myself. "So many people who are gone....."

The door swiftly, but slyly, opened and Negan stepped in. His boots clattered on the glass floor and he knelt down to me, his eyes bloodshot but not a cruel but kind look.

"You've never seen me this way, kid," he said. "And I'm sure as hell I never thought I would be this way again." He wrapped his arms around me, and it felt comforting, like my dad. But I shook that thought away. I would never let this man be my dad. "Salem had a choice, she chose to go with you. So you take care of her, Carl. You make her proud I was her father."

I said nothing but he helped me stand. I walked out the door and rushed to Salem, who accompanied me with a passionate kiss.

"Let's go," I muttered in her ear covered by her hair. She nodded and rushed to get her things.

{Salem's POV}

Here I am, leaving my dad. I always wanted this day to come, but now that it has, I wish it wasn't so soon. He'd finally lightened up to me and Carl, and I just denied him our relationship.

Carl and I sat in the car silently, the warm breeze from the open windows flowing through my hair, my bag clutched tightly in my hand. My dad drove and me and Carl sat in the back staring at each other.
The car came to a stop and the gates of Alexandria were opened, I saw surprised faces as Carl got out. I watched everyone run to him, and I went to my dad who sat in the front seat of the car with tears.

"Daddy....." I whispered, and he pulled me in for a big hug before finally letting a tear out.

"Salem, honey....."

"Yes, daddy?"

"No matter what happens, I will find you..." he said and before I knew it the gates were closed and I collapsed on my knees.

{Carl's POV}

I stepped out of the car with my terrible wounds when I saw my dad with red eyes. He glared at me, and slowly began to walk up to me. I held my side in pain as I rushed to him, stumbling everywhere. He lifted me into the air with his arms and brought me down to his shoulders, still holding my feet off the ground. Loud cries roared from both of us but also laughs and smiles.

"Carl, Carl, Carl....." he kept whispering as he hugged me.

The second he let me go I felt my shoulders being grasped onto and I locked eyes with someone kissing my lips.

Oh God...... I thought. I forgot all about her.

Enid.