Chapter 9 (The Big Secret)

They all got to the hospital, Nami got treated, Kai watched, everything was well. Until. Nami was well enough to answer questions correctly. The doctors came into Nami's hospital room to question her.
"Nami. your blood test results came back," said Dr. Bob "It seem you have wolf DNA in your blood. Do you know why that is by any chance?"
"No I don't know why that is." Nami snapped at the doctor.
"Nami? Are you sure?"
"Mommy said I wasn't allowed to tell." whined Nami.
"Why not?" pursued the doctor.
"Because she said it would be dangerous to tell a doctor. And that I would get taken away."
Kai looked at Nami in such a way where she knew what he wanted her to do. Refuse.
"I won't take you away. Just tell me. I already know what you are. If you just tell me. It would make this much easier."
The doctor had a mischievous smile on his face like he was a villain from a comic book. Nami sighed.
"Fine. I am a wolfhalf. The only reason I survived was because I could change. I hunted as a wolf until I could hunt as a human."
Just after she spoke a nurse came in. She had a needle behind her back. Kai noticed it and rushed over to Nami just in time the nurse was coming up behind Nami. Kai whispered a warning.
"Nami nurse! Behind you! Needle!"
Nami whips around in time to see the nurse with the needle getting ready to stick the needle in Nami's arm. Kai walks to the other side of the bed to see what's going on. He sees the nurse frozen in fear. He looks to Nami. He takes one look at her and freezes. Her eyes were yellow. Kai collapsed. All he heard before he completely passed out was.
"Kai!"
He realized that Nami had screamed that. Everything was black.

***********************************