9

Alice

Finally the lake was in sight and I knew we have reached. Tony parked the car beside the minivan of our company. Jake got out held the door open for me. I was a little surprised by his unexpected display of chivalry especially towards me. As I got out a cool hair hit my body making me shiver.
"It's chilly. You should've carried a jacket" Jake said looking at me.
"It's fine with me" I smiled genuinely.
What is with him and sweetness today?

"Okay then..I don't want you to get sick and then miss work. We have a lot to do this week" he said walking ahead.
Okay cut out the previous sentence.
I just rolled my eyes and made my way to help Tony and Veronica unload. Ever since he has been back my eyes have been exercising a lot.

As we entered the park I could see four camps were set up. Everyone was having a good time. Bianca was busy filing her nails which made me wonder why didn't she got to the parlour instead of coming here.
Max saw me came running towards me.
"I have been waiting for you" he said hugging me.
"Why didn't you tell me you were going with staff? I would have joined you" I said.
"I thought you would like to come with Veronica since she is new here"
I smiled. He has always be so concerned about even the smallest thing related to me. He pays attention to every little detail of my life which even I don't notice. Sometimes I wish he was with someone whom he deserves. Someone who would love him the way he loves me, the way he deserves to be loved and I'm pretty sure I can't give that to him.
"Now what are you thinking?" Max interrupted.
"Umm nothing"
"I'm not letting you get lost in your thoughts. Today all your time us mine"
"Sure" I smiled.
He held my hand and we walked past Jake. I caught a glimpse of his face and there was this expression in his eyes which I could not understand. There was rage, hurt...wait why will he be hurt? No he is not hurt, my mind is just making up things.

"Okay all the guys gave decided to play volleyball" Brandon announced. Everybody cheered in agreement. Some of the guys of our company assembled together and they were divided into two groups. Jake and Brandon were the part of the same team while Tony and Max of the other.
Soon the net was put up and people already started cheering for their team.
Jake took his jacket off before the game started. I could hear sighs of the girls. Bianca sat there enjoying the attention her boyfriend was getting.
"Oh my God...look at his biceps" I heard one of the girl saying.
"He looks even hotter in casuals" other girl whispered.
"I wonder what he looks shirtless" someone said.
They all kept blabbering about how hot Jake is while I stood there trying not to hear them.
"Are the girls here always this desperate for their boss?" Veronica asked as she stood beside me.
"Tell me about it. I deal with this every day"
"But I don't blame I mean look at him. How does he have such an amazing body?"
"Two hours of work out daily and strict diet" I uttered unconsciously.
"Wait what? How do you know that" she asked.
"Umm let's just say some people like showing off" I smiled sarcastically.

The game finally started. Both teams were equally brilliant. All the members player very well.
"Gosh my man is really good at it" Veronica whispered.
"So is mine" I grinned.
"And you are talking about?" She asked with his eyes fixed on Jake.
"Ver!!" Whisper yelled.
"Ofcourse Max. You're talking about Max" she said nervously.
"Yes and whatever is cooking inside your head, stop it right now"
We remained quiet for the rest of the game but cheered for our team when it was needed. Finally the game was over. Jake's team won although Max's team was quite close. Overall they all were incredible.
"You were amazing" I told Max as I went up to him.
"Yeah but I missed the last shot. Got a little distracted by you cheering for me" he winked.
"You should've told me before. I would've cheered for Jake maybe?" I laughed.
"Umm no I don't mind losing. Anyways I'll go freshen up"
"Sure"
The wind was getting cooler sending shivers down my body.
"Take this" Jake said offering his jacket.
"No it's fine"
"Come on Alice...it's better than shivering"
I thought for a moment and he was right. Anyways I'm accepting his jacket not his proposal.
Yeah like he'll ever propose to you!