Not just partners, now are you?

Time flies by.  Like really fast. 

Monday came from around the corner and suckerpunched all of us.  All my classes flew by, except for Chemistry.   I have Chemistry last block and we have to do a project on the different reactions that happen when you combine substances.  Dani, Heather, and I are in a group.  We normally meet at Heather's house for studying; Heather is closer to Dani than I am to her, but Heather is my best friends.  I feel bad for not telling her about my "project", which I don't really have a name for, but she would tell me that it's absolutely rambunctious.  Dani today is wearing my favorite sweater on her. 

    "Omg that's a cute sweater!" I told Dani as she smiled at me.  It was a crop sweater with blue tones and was knitted.  It's by far my favorite sweater on her.  It brings out her eyes, "That has gotta be my favorite sweater on you!" Heather says.  I could tell she didn't mean it, Dani could tell too; it was more of a compliment.  "Mine too." I whisper and Dani looks at me like she heard me, but I didn't repeat it.

"Hey I can't have our study at my house today," Heather says, "I have to help my mom with the bake sale to fund the winter formal, so I can't come to study either." she says, I already knew that but Dani didn't.  We both nod, "Well then.  Lydia," wait what, "Do you want to study at my place?" she nudged.  Heather repeatedly nodded her head; Dani didn't see, but I did.  "Sure," I said, which I shouldn't have, "I'll ride your bus after school?".  She nodded and I made eye contact with Heather.  Fireworks were going off in her emerald eyes.  I've looked into her eyes for the past 15 years of my life.  We've known each other since we were born.  I know too much about her; her eyes wouldn't matter.  Although I said that me and Dani aren't close, I do know that her best friend is Dull- ahem I mean Chloe.  I can't believe someone so wonderful can be friends with a twat.  A dull, stealing, twat.  Heather ushered my to the corner; our table is in the far back and the teacher never notices us.  "Bathroom," she commanded, "Now." I give her a confused look and she raises my hand.  "May I use the bathroom?" I ask, "Me too!" Heather says.  The teacher said yes and we sprint down the hall to the bathroom.   

"What is it?" I flailed my arms, she just smiled.  "You're gonna be alone with Danielle!" She sung and the resonating sound bounced off the bathroom tiles.  Although I don't tell Heather about Dani, I don't have to.  She can understand what I'm feeling just by me breathing; it's impressive actually.  "Text me if you kiss!" She screamed.  No.  "I don't like her like that Heather," I whispered, shushing her, "It's just studying.".  She gives me a pouty face and I laugh as I drag her out the bathroom. 

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>

"Nice place!" I told Dani, she smiled.  "Yeah I realized I've never invited you to my place." She exclaimed, I let out a small chuckle.  We head upstairs into her room to set our stuff down.  "I'm gonna go get us snacks," she said, half way out her door," but get comfy and don't mind my brother.  He's a bit loud" she disappeared and I decided to look around her room.  It was a huge room.  She had a bay window that let sunlight into her room.  Her walls were a sky blue, but an accent wall of peaches and blues mixed together to form a sky.  Hmm the sky.  She had shelves of little trinkets and snow globes; I knew she had a collection when she told me about her travels.  I go to pick one up, "New York." I said to myself and smiled.  "Lydia?" I hear behind me.  I could tell from the voice that it wasn't Dani, but..

"Jordan?!" I almost dropped the snowglobe.  He leaned against the door frame and smiled.  My jaw was still on the ground as Dani walks back in, "Jordan meet my friend, Lydia. " she gestured to me and he winked.  And I stopped thinking.