Chapter 6~ It's a Secret

"Where were you guys?" Jean asked curiously as everyone started filing into the Mess Hall for dinner, Mikasa and Armin trailing closely behind him. Training just finished for the day and it took Eren and I the whole day to "clean", so we didn't even step one foot outside.

"We had to clean the whole Mess Hall until it was spotless," Eren answered with a groan as we both took a seat next to each other. Jean, Mikasa and Armin sat down across from us, carrying full trays of food.

"Well you both did a pretty good job," Armin complimented as he placed his tray gently on the newly polished table. Sasha and Connie soon appeared with over-filling trays in their hands and sat down at the table.

"Cool! I can see my reflection," Jean admired with a smile as he looked down at the table, messing with his hair.

"That's unfortunate," Mikasa mumbled quietly to herself, but we all ended up hearing it anyways. We all bursted out laughing as Eren pointed at Jean.

"Dude! You just got burned by Mikasa! How does that make you feel, having the quietest person we know call that horse face of yours ugly?!" Eren laughed full heartily and he wiped an imaginary sweat drop off of his face.

"Fuck you guys," Jean cursed being totally pissed off as he grabbed his tray and walked off towards a different table. We all stared at each other as our laughter slowly died.

"Heh would you look at that," Connie gave a small laugh. "Usually it's Eren who storms out with anger," Connie commented as Eren picked his head up and glared at him.

"Shut your face," Eren growled half seriously. We could tell he was offended and mad, but he tried to play it off to prove us wrong. I glanced at Eren and let out a small sigh.

"So what did you guys do today anyways?" I asked trying to change the topic to ease the small amount of tension that was building.

"Well," Sasha started. "We did our usual running of laps, but we ended up getting split up in groups to do either hand-to-hand combat training or practice our blades with targets," Sasha answered with a small roll of her eyes. "I wish I stayed here with you guys," she added. "My arms still hurt from the hard training," she finished as she began rubbing her arm up and down with a frown.

"I thought it was fun," Mikasa spoke up through her scarf.

As much fun as I had with Eren cleaning the Mess Hall, I frowned a little when I was listening to what they did today in training. I loved practicing with my blades, but I also loved using the 3DMG too. It made me kind of upset knowing I missed out on one of my favorite activities.

I miss practicing my blades with Petra... flying through the trees with Levi... doing experiments with Hanji that could possibly kill me... riding horseback with Gunther... teasing Oluo enough to make him more miserable than he already was...

Wow, it's only been a few days and I already miss everyone...

"I bet it was," I replied to Mikasa's comment with a sad smile. Armin, Mikasa and Eren all turned to me when they saw the slight change in mood from my usual happy and energetic self.

"Are you okay, (Y/n)?" Connie questioned as he and Mikasa peered into my eyes.

"You look gloomy," Armin added as the three of them looked at me with concern. I fake laughed and nodded my head to show I was okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded with a small smile as I played with my fingers under the table. Usually when I'm nervous or lying, I play with my fingers but I keep on my bright face to reassure people. It seemed to work on Armin and Mikasa, but I felt someone's hand grab mine and interlace their fingers with mine. I looked to my right and saw Eren looking back into my eyes.