Chapter 9~ So This Is Goodbye

"Don't die," Eren said as hot tears were streaming down my face. "Please be safe, don't forget about me."

I looked at him and kissed his quivering lips to make my promise to him. He pulled me in and kissed me back, grabbing my waist and pulling me in deeper into his touch. I melted under his warm lips and I pulled away weakly, giving him a bright smile.

"You remembered?" I asked as tears still fell from my face, realizing that he quoted what I once said a very long time ago when we were children. He let out a small laugh and hugged me again, burying his head in my shoulders.

"Of course I remember," Eren gently whispered as I felt his warm breath tickle my ear. "Those words that you said when we were young is something I'll never forget. I want to always keep my promises to you, (Y/n)," Eren confessed as he placed a soft kiss on my neck and peered into my face, caressing my face in his hand.

His eyes grew soft and gentle as we stared at each other for a while. I blushed and grabbed the hand that was holding my face and held it tightly, feeling his love through his gestures.

"Can you stay with me, Eren?" I asked shyly while blushing. "At least until I fall asleep?" Eren smiled and nodded his head while picking me up and placing me in his lap, kissing the top of my head.

"Of course, (Y/n)," Eren agreed as he gave me a weak smile. "I'll stay with you."

I smiled happily as I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned down into his chest, making him fall onto his back onto the bed. Eren's cheeks flushed as he moved my (h/c) hair away from my face.

"You're so beautiful, (Y/n)," he huskily whispered as he looked deeply in my (e/c) eyes, his teal eyes sparkling in lust.

I laid on top of him and I kissed his bottom lip teasingly. Eren placed his hands on my sides and lowly growled in dissatisfaction as he smashed his lips onto mine roughly at first, but then was loving and more gentle. We showed each other how much we would miss being together as we kissed each other like we would never see each other again.

We soon parted from each other to catch our breath for a second, but before I could comprehend anything, Eren flipped us so he was now on top of me. The mattress creaked under the sudden pressure as Eren had his arms trapped around my body, towering over me and peering down.

"There's something about you (Y/n) that makes me feel like I'm the luckiest guy in the world. Only you can make me feel this way, nobody else," Eren confessed in a serious yet gentle tone. I felt content yet slightly embarrassed as my head tilted away from him shyly. Eren then took my chin with one of his hands and forced me to look at him, wearing a kind smile. He then slowly leaned down onto me and pecked me on the lips before getting back off of me and standing up from the bed.

I hesitantly began to sit up, fixing the bed sheets before laying back down onto the mattress. He took off his shirt and tossed it on the ground before crawling back into my bed covers. I watched him get settled in and I smiled brightly at him when he leaned on his side to face me.

"Good night, (Y/n)," Eren wished as he snuggled further into my cozy blankets, pulling me against his bare chest. I stared at his tired, peaceful face before turning the other direction, pushing my head into my pillow.

"Good night, Eren," I whispered before closing my eyes and forcing myself to go to sleep.

I tried to controll my breathing as I listened to Eren's light snores, he was already out like a light. I smiled to myself as I thought about all the reasons on how amazing Eren was. He isn't a selfish person, he knows his boundaries and doesn't do anything rash or forceful. He would do anything to make me happy, he cares a lot about me. He is protective of the people he loves, he would put his friends and family before him and anything else. And most of all... he makes it easy to fall in love with him.