Chapter 8~ Bad Timing

"H-Hanji?!" I asked in complete shock and disbelief. She twirled me around once and put me back on the ground, pushing her big square glasses up the bridge of her nose with a wide grin.

"Hiya!!!" she called out as she waved at Eren from behind me who stood still in utter confusion.

"W-who are—"

"Hi, I'm Hanji Zoe," Hanji introduced herself as she jumped in front of Eren and took his hand to shake it energetically. "I'm a friend of (Y/n)'s, no need to get defensive," she added with a bright smile, dropping his hand and turning back to face me.

"Long time no see, (Y/n)! How've you been?" Hanji asked with enthusiasm. Before I could say another word, I was once again interrupted.

"Oh hey Shorty!" Hanji called out and waved her hand to 'come here'. "Look who I found!" I hesitantly turned around and saw Levi wearing his stoic expression, making his way towards us from the other side of the hall.

"L-Levi?!" I asked completely dumbfounded. "W-what are you doing here? What are BOTH of you doing here, actually?" I stood frozen unable to move and Eren seemed to grow tense again. He moved in next to me and wrapped his overprotective arm around my waist, showing Levi that I was his. I guess Eren never really seen Levi up close and thought that he was some threat to our relationship. Levi noticed the gesture and glared at Eren, but proceeded to stand next to the three of us.

"Shitty glasses and I came here to collect you," Levi stated in his monotone voice and continued to stare daggers at Eren. My mouth instantly dropped and Hanji saw it and began closing my mouth with her hands.

"You're gonna catch flies, (Y/n)," Hanji whispered as I still stood frozen and couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"We were on our way to a meeting—"

"We were going to discuss about taking you back the day after your birthday!" Hanji sqealed as she cut off Levi who looked extremely annoyed.

"Wait, what?" I asked as I remembered my birthday is in two more days.

'I just got back together with Eren,' I thought.

I knew Eren was thinking the same thing as I turned to look up at him and saw an upset look on his face.

"We thought you would be in your bunks by now," Levi added. "It was going to be a surprise in the morning, but I guess since this brat ruined it, we have no point in hiding it now," Levi complained as he flicked Hanji in the back of the head. She frowned and rubbed the back of her head with a pout.

"It's not my fault," she pouted. "I was just so excited to see my best friend again that I couldn't help it."

"Tch," Levi clicked his tongue. "Well, we have the meeting to attend to still," Levi said as he walked up to me and messed my hair. "We better be going so get to your rooms, brats," he ordered as he walked off towards the direction of the Commander's office. Hanji quickly gave me another hug before running off behind Levi.

"Bye (Y/n) and (Y/n)'s boyfriend!" She called out while giving us an energetic wave. "I'll see you two in the morning!" she yelled once more before they both disappeared down the hallway.

After a few moments of silence, Eren tightened his grip around my waist and pulled me to his chest. He hugged me tightly, nestling his head in the crook of my neck, then resting it on my shoulders.

"Are you really going to leave me so soon?" Eren asked as I wrapped my arms around his back and hugged him tightly in return.

"Like I said," I started as I buried my head into his build chest. "I can never be happy, Eren." At those words he held me as close as he possibly could, not wanting to let go of me as if our lives depended on it.