Chapter 12~ Confusion Throughout the Walls

Oh
My
God

Eren's body emerged from the neck of the Titan body, his head hung low as he sat silently while the hot steam faded away. Mikasa fell to her knees, her head buried into her hands as she sobbed. Levi stood frozen in shock, for the first time in his life, he had no idea what to do. Armin's eyes bugged out of his head as his blue orbs filled with tears. After Armin saw Eren give up his life for him, as well as coming back to life with all of his appendages intact, Armin broke down crying at the miracle that was sitting in front of him.

I stayed still in complete shock like Levi as I stared at Eren's human body, sitting in almost a trance. Levi cautiously appeared next to Eren and tried to pull him out of Eren's Titan form but jumped back quickly, gripping his hand tightly.

"Fuck," Levi cursed as he shook his head. "That damn brat is as hot as Hell," Levi complained as he walked up next to me. "Keep an eye out on this brat. I'm going to try and contact Erwin and get him before the Military Police does," Levi ordered before taking off towards the opposite side of Shiganshina.

I stood frozen as Eren's head jerked up and bent backwards, his chocolate brown hair blowing in the wind. My eyes went in shock as I tried to run up to him. I knew Levi said that Eren was really hot from emerging from his Titan form but I didn't care, I quickly limped up to him anyways. I sprinted as fast as I could with a broken leg next to Eren and caught him just in time for him to fall into my arms.

Wincing, I gently brought him to my chest as we both collapsed to the ground, while Armin and Mikasa stood guard as they tried to protect us in case the MP came. I held Eren's head and caressed his hair as I cried with him in my arms. His head was facing up towards the darkening grey sky, his lips parted open as he took in shallow breaths. I rested my head on top of his and waited for Levi to return.

The sound of hurried footsteps crunching on the gravel pavement of the ruined street became louder as people approached me. I thought it was Levi, Erwin and other Scouts but I was wrong. The Military Police surrounded Eren and I while a few of the MP was pushing Mikasa and Armin out of the way. The Military Police then pointed their riffles at us while cannons were being set up on the rooftops above us.

"Freeze where you are!" One of the Captains shouted at us.

I glared at him as I pulled Eren closer to me protectively. Mikasa and Armin were able to escape the MP's grasp and run to our side, Mikasa and Armin tried to keep us safe with all they had while they waited for the Scout Regiment.

"You all are going to be tried for treason! We cannot afford having any traitors," The Captain shouted as he pointed at us.

I then felt subtitle movement in my arms, I looked down to see Eren stirring with his eyebrows furrowed. I watched him intently and flinched when I saw Eren jump and his eyes shot open. His breathing was heavy as if he just had a nightmare, his face had panic written all over it.

Within a few seconds, he noticed that he was in my arms as he peered up at me. His teal eyes were full of terror but his breathing slowed as he started to become less tense. I tore my eyes away from him while pulling him in closer to me as I glared back at the MP Captain.

"You," the Captain called out, pointing to Eren who just woke up. "Are you a Titan?! Or are you a human?!"

Eren raised his eyebrows in confusion and looked up at me with a look saying 'what kind of question is that?' I frowned and turned my attention back towards the Captain.