Chapter 13~ Full of Surprises

"Can I check it out right now?" I asked as I skipped next to Levi down the main halls. "It's not going to be another party is it? I already had like 3 in one year already—"

"Just stop asking questions and go see for yourself!" Levi responded with a small sigh that blew a few pieces of his raven hair out of his face.

"Fine, I was just asking," I playfully pouted. I then smiled brightly at Levi before walking towards the back doors to enter the backyard. "I'm going to close my eyes, okay?" I added as I shut my eyes tight and grabbed onto the heavy door handles.

"Tch, I don't care," Levi responded as he watched me in amusement. "Just open the damn door, brat."

"Okay, okay," I said, acting offended as I pushed open the doors.

The sunlight brightened my sight a little with my eyes still tightly shut as I continued to open the doors completely. I felt Levi hold the door open for me as I stepped forward and opened my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, my (e/c) orbs instantly widened as tears threatened to fall down my face. I froze where I stood in front of the door as I covered a hand over my mouth in surprise.

"E-Eren?" I choked out, my voice cracking.

Eren was standing out in the distance next to Hanji who must've been showing Eren the other Titans. Once Eren heard my voice, he instantly turned around and his eyes grew round at first, then softened as a bright smile crept upon his features.

"(Y/n)," Eren called out as he started to walked over to me, but his walk turned into a fast jog. "Omg (Y/n)," Eren cried out as he lifted me up into his arms and swung me around once before placing me gently back onto my feet, careful of my healing leg.

I began to sob as I latched onto him for dear life as we both collapsed onto the ground, holding onto each other tightly. I placed my head onto Eren's shoulder, while he rested his chin on the top of my head and caressed the back of my head lovingly.

"I missed you so much," I cried out into Eren's shirt as he held me closer to him.

"I missed you too, (Y/n)," Eren confessed as he continued to sooth me. He then planted a small kiss at the top of my head as we stayed on the ground in each other's arms, not caring if anyone was watching.

"Awwww~" Hanji sang out as she folded her hands together and watched our reunion. I laughed at Hanji's comment as I wipped away the tears the kept falling and smiled. Eren's teal eyes never left their sight on me as he began to stand up, pulling me up on my feet with him.

"Thank you for the wonderful surprise," I thanked Levi as I stood up, who was still at the door looking in the opposite direction to give us "privacy".

"Tch," Levi clicked as he left back inside Headquarters.

"Well," Hanji started to break the awkward silence. "I guess (Y/n) can show you the rest of HQ," Hanji suggested as she dusted off her hands and smiled gleefully. "My work is done so I guess I'll just take my leave," Hanji added as she gave me a wink and went inside, probably going to her lab.

"Alright," I smiled as I swayed mine and Eren's hand as I starred up at him. Eren returned the smile as he intertwined his fingers with mine, making me blush and look down at the ground shyly.

"Let me show you around," I smiled gleefully as I pulled Eren along with me. He then smiled in response after giving me a quick peck on my cheek as we headed inside the building.

I first showed Eren the Mess Hall, luckily no one was in there at the moment so that I didn't have to yell overtop of everyone's voices. I showed him were we usually grab our lunches and sit since he's been still eating all of his meals down in one of the basement cells. After I showed him the kitchen, I pulled him towards one of the tables in the far back.