03; a secret club

a/n: so i got food poisoning thursday. still recovering friday. sweet 16 saturday. i'm literally trying to find the energy in me to get all this party stuff done. my actual birthday isn't until the 22nd and no one is reading this book. enjoy it anyway. lots of love, ash❤️❤️

I rolled my eyes as I sat in the corner of the room. My glasses laid on my nose as the boys sat on the other side of the room and whispered some
more. I only came to study group tonight because I needed the help but the whole time I was here the boys sat whispering and glancing at me every once in a while. I finally ripped off my glasses and gathered my books. I couldn't do this anymore. I didn't even expect this from Neil.

"Ange where are you going?" Charlie asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I came for help. Not to be gossiped about" I said before starting towards the door.

"Evangeline, wait!" Neil stopped me right before I gripped the door handle.

"What?" I asked and his shoulders visibly fell at the realization he was apart of ignoring me all night as well.

"We just, we were debating on something. If we wanted to include you in this something or not" he said and I set my books down on the table next to me as I crossed my arms.

"Well you better talk fast" I said and the other boys joined around him.

"We have a club-" Todd started.

"A secret club" Knox finished.

"We weren't sure if we should include you considering your Grandpa is headmaster and all" Richard said and I nodded waiting for them to continue.

"It's not a bad club E. The school just don't like it because it's us being creative instead of doing what we're told" Pitts added in and I lightly smiled. E was another nickname the boys created for me.

"I know it's been only three days but you guys had to of noticed my 'you can't tell me what to do' attitude. Jesus my grandpa headmaster or not will never be able to underestimate my ways girl or not. This club sounds perfect. If it's a secret club well I'll keep it a secret" I said and the boys smiled.

"We meet at midnight. Neil will pick you up and make sure you make it out without getting caught. Dress warm" Charlie said bopping my nose and walking out the room. I gathered my books again but Neil grabbed them from me.

"Let me walk you to your room" he said and I nodded as we stepped out and walked down the hall.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize we were talking for so long" he said after a little of walking and I shook my head.

"No its okay. I was just a little surprised you know" I said and he nodded as we fell back into silence.

"Tomorrow after classes I would like to take you somewhere" he said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Oh really. Can I know where?" I asked and he shrugged his head to the side.

"I don't know you'll just have to wait to find out" he said as we approached my door. He pushed it open and set my books upon my desk.

"And really make sure you do dress warm. As much as I would like to see that nightie again I don't want to watch you freeze to death" he smirked at me and left before I could even reply. I knew Neil was bold but I didn't think he had a comment like that in him at all. I put some jeans on and a couple of jackets before tying some old dress sneakers that could get dirty.

I sat and read a book to pass the time since it was the only thing I could think to do until Neil came back to pick me up. I had almost dosed off when a small knock and a shove to the door woke me. I saw Neil hunched over and he put his finger to his lip as I walked over.