Chapter 56

It was stunning how a simple diamond necklace could turn slutty into seductive. But that was exactly what happened when Dash drew out the gem from his box with a flourish and proceeded to lay it about her neck.

"There," he murmured yo himself absently, before he frowned in concentration to latch the small catch at the back of her neck," that makes it complete."

"Were you just carrying this around in your pocket with the hopes I'd have a wardobe mishap and come to my rescue."

"Honey, there was no hope involved. I know your closet and this rescue was all but guaranteed," he finished off mildly before flashing her his devilsh smile once more.

Nina pouted prettily. But only because she had to, facing the mirror like she was. But as soon as she turned to face him, her scowl turned fierce.

"Oh oh," said Dash in a sotto voice.

"Oh oh, indeed," retorted Nina, mockingly.  "What is this for?" She demanded lifting the exquisite diamond necklace up for his inspection.

Dash groaned openly," Its not payment for fucking you, if that's what you're thinking."

Nina flushed with embarrassement and avoided looking at the no doubt shocked sales girl. "This is not a conversation we should be having here," said Nina awkwardly.

"Then you shouldn't have brought it up," returned Dash, mildly. Flicking out his credit card, he leaned in beside her to foot the bill. Nina didn't bother looking at the price tag, already knowing she would not be able to stomach the answer.

Don't ask what you wish not to know. Confusious?

Nina didn't know but decided they were wise words to follow anyway.

Clad in stylised chic and having an impossibly impressive escorts would ordinarily have boosted her spirits to new highs. But Nina only just stopped herself from indulging in the sulks at his side. To her thinking this was just one more instance to mark their gaping differences. It was not as if Nina didn't have the means to support herself but she wasn't one to splash what little she had over luxuries like this.

Wrapping his hand over hers, Dash tugged her up against him before slipping his arm about her waist. Then he was guiding her out with all the aplomb of someone who was comfortable with his own deep pockets.

They headed to the casino, but instead of making straight for the gaming tables, they stopped by the bar.

"Can I get you a drink?" Dash asked Nina.

Nina turned to look up at the irrisistably enigmatic man and nodded her head.

"What's your poison luv?" Dash enquired casually. Looking up at him, Nina could only say the first thing that  came to mind.

"I'll have the love potion," said Nina, trembling inwardly at the double entendre of her choiced selection.

"Hmm," murmured Dash eyeing the cocktails menu he held in his hands. "I would have thought you'd have gone for the Obsession I know how much you like berries."

Nina eyed him suspiciously. That was a close call. What did he really know?

"These cocktails have the most ridiculous names," she huffed out instead.

"Was that why you didn't want to order your favorite? Because of its name? Is that it? Are you obsessed with me?"

Nina lifted startled gaze to meet his. Staring at him wide eyed with all her feelings running across her expressive eyes with complete honesty, was probably not yhe wisest move on her part. But there was a greater force at play here. Ine that dominated her being in entirety. Dominated and controlled, and offered her forward like a thrust up goose, for his taking.

The catch to his breath spoke volumes but it was the flames lit within his eyes that held her captive. Spellbound and helpless in his grasp.

"Nina?" His voice rumbled out hoarsely, deep and further enthralling.

But then the moment was shattered by the sound of his name called out in greeting.

"Mr Arlington?"

"Mr Lee!" Exclaimed Dash, as if his presence wasn't an intrusions. Nina turned in greeting, only her smile wasn't as welcoming.

"I was hoping I would find you here. Come I would like you to meet the Sultan of Johor."

Nina blinked-a couple of times and then with a wide welcoming smile cracking across her face from end to end, she trailed eagerly after them. Excited to meet royalty.

The Sultan was not what she'd imagined. Clad in an Armani tux and in conference at a private room, Sultan Ibrahim was impressive to behold, but without the usual pomp and regalia expected of royalty. Nina was not introduced but hovered in the background watching Dash enchant his way forward yet again.

It was hours later, before Dash was able to excuse himself without causing due offence and then he returned to herside only to grip her arm and urge her out.

They were back at the bar before he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry. You must be hungry."

"That's not all I am. The Sultan, really?"

Dash shrugged. "We've been invited over to visit at his palace but I think before we are able to attend house parties, you will need to shop."

"Why what's wrong with what I'm wearing now?" Asked Nina cockily, correctly suspecting that the only reason she was refrained from gaining an introduction was on the account of her voluptuous bossom threathening to spill out of her bodice at any minute. It made her feel almost naked. It had certainly drawn more than a couple of interested stares. Some of whom have yet to relieve her person of their licentious regard.

Dash's own gaze darkened with inappropriate appreciation, as they swept down her person and settled with interest on that part of her.

"Perhaps we should just skip the casino and order in room service?" Dash's lips curled up with a wicked twist that drew an answering bedevilment in her own gaze. The man was going to be the death of her. One way or the other.