Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

I took the dagger out of my coat pocket. It was freezing outside tonight, but that wouldn't matter once I had cast the circle.

I was in my small clearing not too far away from the house. I came here very often and every full moon.

I drew a large circle in the ground with my dagger and then stood in the middle. I lifted my hands up and began casting the spell.

"Fire, rise from this circle to stop evil escaping." I shouted, smiling when the circle I had just drawn burst into flames.

"Earth, create a wall of invisibility so that no trespassers can reach the circle." I continued. A slight breeze came by and I knew that meant that if anyone was to walk by, which was unlikely, then they wouldn't see a thing. I quickly checked my watch. 30 seconds left.

"Air, push against the powers of evil within me and do not let them get away." I said hurriedly as a strong wind began to push against me. I looked at my watch again.

5

4

3

2

1

I screamed as the pain shot through my body. I felt the darkness fill my brain. I knew my eyes would be bright red right now.

I fell to my hands and knees breathing hard as the circles powers prevented me from using evil. Although I was trying my hardest to stop the circles powers I couldn't.

After a few hours of trying to let my evil powers free, I gave up just like always and fell asleep inside of the circle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up when the darkness in my mind finally swirled away. The sun was just beginning to rise in the distance and I heard the sound of nature all around me.

I remember last night and looked down at my clothes. They got burned when I was trying to run through the fire. I looked at my watch which said it was 5:30. I had only got 3 hours of sleep.

Then I remembered it was Monday and I had to go to school. I stood up and made the circles magic disappear.

When I got back to the house I walked quietly up to my bedroom. I quickly got showered and wrapped a towel around me.

I went into my walk in closet and grabbed my usual school clothes, jeans, a plain top and a hoody.

I never used to dress like this, it's just every boy in school used to stare at me and it creeped me out. So I decided to dress down a bit and wear a hoody so I could hide under my hood.

The boys eventually stopped staring at me and started calling me a geek. But it was better than being stared at.

Once I was dressed, I left my black hoody on my king sized bed and blow-dried my hair.

I loved my hair, it was exactly like my mothers. It was light brown and tumbled down to the middle of my back in perfect curls.

Once it was dry I combed it up into a ponytail.

Then I put my hoody on and looked into the floor to ceiling mirror. I saw how tired my eyes looked and decided I needed some coffee.

I had my dad's eyes, which were a bright blue with golden flecks.

I missed my parents, it had been around 2 years now since they died. Julie was only 2 and I was 14. It wasn't long after their death that my powers activated when I turned 15. Julie doesn't even remember them.

When I got into the kitchen at the bottom floor, I saw Julie and Nana sat at the table eating melted cheese on toast.

"Hi pumpkin." I said ruffling Julie's hair, she giggled.

"Hi Nana." I said.

"Hello dear, there is another piece of this in the grill for you and I made you some coffee."                                                             

"Thanks Nana."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once I had finished, I gave my Nana and Julie a quick kiss on the cheek and left for my car grabbing my school bag on the way.

I went into the garage and got into my black Lamborghini. The garage door opened and closed behind me.

When I got to school I had ten minutes to kill. Someone suddenly knocked on my car door and I saw Peter and Jenny, my two best friends. They were witches too.

I got out of my car and locked it. We all greeted each other and then Jenny went straight to gossip as usual.

"Oh my god, have you seen the new guy, he is like, H-O-T, hot!" Jenny squealed. "His name is Alex and he's in our year. Oh, and he's apparently joining our circle and he's going to be the new leader, since he's, like, one of those witches who have every power." Jenny said, sounding so excited that I was surprised she wasn't jumping about. "I guess it's just too bad you’re not in the circle anymore Prim." She added.

I just rolled my eyes. "Jen, I honestly don't care." I said. Jenny looked hurt.

"How can you say that when you haven't even seen him yet?" She asked.

"He's even got all of the girls flirting with him." Peter added, joining into the conversation. He pointed to a huge group of girls, with a tall boy stood in the middle. I couldn't see him properly.

"That's him." Jenny squealed, her face looking dreamy.

"Seriously Jen, you’re going to make me go deaf. Anyway, I bet he's one of those cocky, arrogant, it's all about me type of guys." I said beginning to feel bored.

Jenny was going to say something but was cut off by the bell.

I put my hood up and turned on my iPod, which I kept in a secret pocket inside my hoody, this way nobody could see it. Once I heard the music blasting in my ears I headed to my first lesson, history.