Chapter Twenty Six: Settling In

Donna looked around the room in amazement and awe. The walls were a deep magenta, perfectly complementing the cerise rug covering most of the black carpeted floor.

The Doctor and McKenzie had left her alone once they'd travelled to the vortex after seeing Donna's granddad. Apparently, they had to fix something in the training room. Donna had taken the time to find her room, knowing the TARDIS would lead her to it.

Suddenly, the door opened, and a certain brunette looked in with an infectious, cheeky grin. "Like it?" McKenzie asked, gesturing around the room with an oil-stained hand.

The ginger raised her eyebrows. "It's gorgeous," Donna replied frankly. She noticed McKenzie was still wearing her circlet, despite having obviously been doing dirty work. "That circlet is too."

McKenzie bit her lip, her eyes sparkling in excitement. "Isn't it? It was an engagement present from the Doctor."

Donna's eyes widened. "You mean—?"

"Yes!" McKenzie squealed. "He proposed on New Year's Eve. It was wonderful."

"Congratulations!" Donna smiled, and the girls hugged.

"Thanks," the Doctor smirked, leaning in the doorway. "So, I'd imagine you probably want to get some sleep after today's excitement, but where'd you like to go tomorrow?"

Donna looked between the aliens, biting her lip. "I've always wanted to meet Shakespeare?"

The brunette nodded appreciatively. "Good choice!"

The Doctor grinned, moving out of the way as she waved to Donna then went out into the corridor. "It's been a while since we've been to the sixteenth century. I wonder if they miss us?"

McKenzie snorted as he followed her. "Yeah, I'm sure they really hated the peace and quiet."

"Hey!"

~~~

If you read Chapter Three again, you might see where I'm going with Donna's choice :P

Next up is The Fires Of Pompeii. Don't forget to like, comment, and enjoy!