Chapter Thirty Three: The Di Angelos' Daughters

The above picture is Sophie Turner, a.k.a Zosia Di Angelo. Zoë is played by Georgia Moffett, the same as Jenny was in the original ep.

~~~

"What the hell's she doing?" Natasha cried, struggling to keep her grip as the TARDIS rocked.

"The control's aren't working," McKenzie realised, bracing herself against the console as she tried a few levers.

The Doctor winced as he was thrown back into the jump seat, and looked down towards his hand he'd retrieved from the Valiant. "Well, I don't know where we're going, but my old hand's very excited about it."

Donna stared at him in shock. "I thought that was just some freaky alien thing. You're telling me it's yours?"

"Well..."

"It got cut off. He grew a new one," Martha said by way of explanation, shrugging.

"You are completely impossible," Donna stated, shaking her head.

Thor grinned next to her. "Not impossible. Just a bit unlikely."

There was a loud bang and sparks from the console, making McKenzie yelp, turning her head away. After a minute, though, the TARDIS settled into stillness. The Doctor and his fiancée shared a glance before joining hands and zipping outside, the others following behind.

"Huh," McKenzie raised her eyebrows. "A junk yard."

The Doctor frowned. "Why would the TARDIS bring us here, then?"

"Maybe she wanted to add you to the collection," Natasha joked.

"Cheeky bitch," the Time Lord shook his head fondly.

"Oh, I love this bit," Martha grinned.

"I thought you wanted to go home," Thor raised his eyebrows.

"I know, but all the same, it's that feeling you get," she shrugged.

Donna nodded. "Like swallowing a hamster."

Thor frowned, looking a little bit concerned for their mental stability. "Why would you swallow a hamster?"

"Don't move! Stay where you are! Drop your weapons!" Three men had appeared, pointing rifles at the group, so they raised their hands.

"We're unarmed," McKenzie shouted. "Look, no weapons." No visible weapons, at least. "We're safe."

"Look at their hands," one of the men muttered. "They're clean."

The leader nodded. "All right, process them. Those first." He pointed to the Doctor and McKenzie, who blinked, even as soldiers pulled them away from each other and towards two machines.

"Oi, oi," the Doctor frowned. "What's wrong with clean hands?"

"What's going on?" Natasha demanded.

The soldiers pushed the Doctor's right and McKenzie's left hand into the machines. "Leave them alone," Donna exclaimed.

"Ow!" McKenzie yelped as something inside the machine grabbed her. "I don't think this is going to check my blood pressure." She jerked forwards suddenly, clearly in pain. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!"

"What are you doing to them?" Thor questioned, his brow furrowed in consternation as he watched the pair's pain.

"Everyone gets processed," the leader stated.

"It's taken a tissue sample," the Doctor reported, grimacing. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. And extrapolated it. Some kind of accelerator?" Eventually, the pair were released, and they reached each other's sides, comparing the fork-shaped scars on the backs of their hands.