Chapter 9: Here's Anti!

This illness was as weird as it was abrupt. Five minutes before Mark walked into the room, or Dark, Sean felt fine. But as soon as he starts coughing up that black stuff everything went to shit. Legs like jelly, weak arm-strength, eternal-seeming stomach aches, itchy throat, possibly the worst fever Sean's ever had. Yup. Pretty weird. "How ya feelin' Jackaboy?" Sean's thoughts to reply to Anti ended before they even started when the tenth coughing fit that day came about. "Aw, is somebody not feeling well?" Anti said tauntingly. Sean did nothing. "Well, I could help you feel better!" Sean continued to say nothing. "I could... oh, I don't know, take over your body? Do a little somfin somfin wit Markimoo and hopefully Darky.~" Sean set down the cup of water he was holding and laid down in the bed he hadn't moved from all day. He stared up at the ceiling. "Soooo... is that a yes?" Sean lightly shook his head. "I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you. It was almost as if you didn't say anything at all." Sean could just feel the fear building up inside of him and he clenched his fists to keep the feelings at bay. Anti's voice had become more threatening as the days went by. How long has it been since Dark walked into the room? Two days? Sean sighed at his lackluster performance at remembering how long it had been.

"Well, if you won't let me, I'll just have to force you!" Anti's voice had grown deep, gravelly, and the glitches it contained became greater in numbers compared to his normal speech. It sounded like multiple people were talking. The migraine Sean had gotten a few days ago returned, but with a much bigger punch than before. He sat up and covered his face in his hands, groaning. He could feel the pressure in his eyes as they began to change color, left eye black with a green iris and a slitted pupil, right eye green with a black iris, making the pupil in that eye practically invisible. Sean's vision went dark.

Anti removed the hands that were covering his face. He stared at them. The nails were longer and he ran his tongue over his teeth, feeling the new sharpness they had. He had taken over Sean's body. He giggled softly to himself. 'Anti! Stop this shit right now!' Anti heard Sean shout from the back of his head. "Nah." He said aloud, squeezing his eyes shut and using a small amount of his strength to silence Sean's consciousness. Anti threw off the covers of the bed and flung the door open, stopping it just before it slammed into the wall. No... He wanted to surprise Mark. He looked at the time. 9:00 pm. He should be done recording by now. Anti stuck his head out the door and looked right, then left. He could just barely hear Mark in the kitchen. "Perfect..." he thought, shutting the door quietly behind him. He made no effort to be quiet in going down the stairs. "Jack? You shouldn't be up." Mark called.

Anti walked into the room, letting the dark green locks of Sean's dyed hair hang in front of his face. Mark was organizing the kitchen and he turned around to see the slightly slouched figure of 'Sean.' "Jack? You alright?" Mark asked, setting the knife down on the counter. He stepped forward. Once close enough, Anti's arm stretched out and he gripped Mark by the neck and pinned him against the wall to Anti's left. "J-Jack!? What the hell are you doing!?"

"I'm sorry..." Anti's voice came out of Sean's mouth. It was the deep, glitchy, gravelly voice Sean had heard before. "Good 'ol Jackaboy's not available right now."

"What?"

"Please leave a message after the beep."

Anti folded the hairs hanging in front of his face to the side to reveal the non-ocean blue eyes. "Beep" Anti gave a big toothy smile when Mark began his fruitless attempt to free himself. "Jack, cut it out! This isn't funny!" he shouted. "Au contraire. I find this absolutely HILARIOUS!" Anti replied, tightening his grip on Mark's neck and making it harder for him to breathe. Anti noticed Mark's eyes were beginning to roll back into his head, and released his grip. Mark fell to the ground, coughing and breathing heavily. Anti put his hands on his hips and leaned down. "Well? What the fuck are ya waitin' for?" he asked, impatience in his tone. Mark looked up at him. "What the hell are you talking about?" he said softly, still trying to catch his breath. Anti puckered his lips. "What do you mean, 'What the hell am I talking about?'? You know who I want. I KNOW you do." Anti knelt down and pinched Mark's chin, forcing him to look up. "Bring him out. Now." Mark audibly gulped, but nothing else happened.

Anti bared his teeth, anger growing in his chest. "GET THE FUCK OUT HERE DARK!" he screamed, throwing Mark to the wall on the opposite side of the room. Mark groaned. Anti walked over to him, picking up the knife he had set down on the counter before on his way towards the red-haired man. Anti squatted down and ran his fingers along the sharp edge of the knife. He felt a slight grumbling come from his stomach and he moved his head to the side to cough into his hand. He pulled his hand away from his mouth and saw a black substance there. He could feel more dripping out of the sides of his mouth. He felt more come out of one of his nostrils and more out the sides of his eyes. His eyes began to uncontrollably spill the black substance that was too solid to be a liquid yet too liquidy to be a solid. It was like a more flexible jello that was black licorice flavored. Anti turned back to Mark who had a horrified look on his face and all Anti did was smile, showing his sharp, stained-black teeth.

He pointed the knife at Mark. "Here's what we're gonna do... If you don't get Dark out so I can speak to him, Sean?" He moved the knife towards his neck and sliding it across. "He's not gonna have a fun time..." Anti made a small nick in the skin, letting green, black, and crimson blood drip from his neck. He stood up and walked away. He slammed the knife into the cutting board it had been left on and left it sticking up. He walked back up the stairs into the guest bedroom, locking the door behind him. He stood still for a moment, listening closely to see if he could hear any footsteps following him. All he could hear were the concerned barks of Chica who had been locked outside for this whole ordeal. Anti smiled and released control. An unconscious Sean took over again.

Dim light filtered through the window. Sean groaned, moving his hand to cover his forehead as he began the tedious attempt to sit up. "Ugh... My head..." he whispered. He felt a strange crust formed in lines all across his face. He stood up slowly, wobbling since his center of balance was off. He made his way over to the door, falling over in the process and turned the handle. It was locked? Why? He unlocked it and went to the bathroom, turning on the light and staring fearfully at his reflection. Black streaks covered his face. They spilled from his mouth like black drool, black and red streaks came from his nose like a nosebleed, and everything under his eyes was stained black. He quickly turned on the faucet, filled his hands with water, and began the longish process of cleaning the black crust off his face.

Thirty minutes went by before he was sure that every speck was gone. He noticed a small cut in his neck with a black, green, and red streak that went down about an inch before stopping abruptly. He cleaned that up too. What the hell happened last night...