Chapter 1

(Authors note! This is my first book :) I hope you guys like it! Remember to follow my Instagram @dirnt.bag Comment how you like it so far! Enjoy)

It was just another day. Another boring day, like always. School is hard. I have no good friends. They all end up ditching me about two weeks after getting to know them. I'd say that my longest friendship was maybe 6 months.

The kids at school made fun of me. They called me names like scene, emo, and punk. I don't care. I'm proud to be a punk. Music and softball are my life. I'm into punk rock music.

The band that saved me is Green Day. They are my life and soul. I wouldn't be here without them. I took up guitar, bass guitar, and drums because I wanted to follow in their footsteps. I can play every Green Day song on bass, drums, and guitar. I even had a little band area set up in my living room with two electric guitar, a bass, and a drum set! Every lyric of every Green Day song speaks to me, and in some way I relate to them.

Emmy's POV:

As soon as I got home from school, I shut the door behind me and threw my bag down. I went to the kitchen to get a drink when a saw a little blue note on the table. It said

"Dear Emmy,
We're so sorry sweetie. Your father and I won't be home for at least a year. Your grandmother is very sick, and we have to take care of her. We left $10,000 for you. If it's not enough, then we will send you more. Love Mom and Dad"

I stood there frozen in disbelief. I broke down in tears. I ran upstairs to my room and locked the door behind me.
As soon as I had the stamina to move, I stood myself up and sat down to go on my computer. I immediately turned music on at full blast. I put on 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' because right now it suited me.

I then went on Green Day's website to see if anything was new. Sure enough, there was a little symbol that said "Send your fan mail here", so I clicked on it and started typing.

"Dear Billie, Jason, Mike and Tré, I love you guys and your music so much. You guys saved my life. I'm so grateful for that. Next, I know you guys probably won't read this because of the millions of other idiots writing, but I don't have anywhere to go. My parents went to Ireland to take care of my grandmother. I'm by myself. I'm scared. Rage and Love, Your Idiot,
Emmy" *click send*

I went downstairs to make dinner after writing my fan mail. Really all that I could afford now was ramen noodles.