Chapter 6: He, Who Disappears

The light of the warm afternoon brushed our cheeks as we stood at the shore of the most perfect blue sea that I've ever seen in my entire life. We've been walking for about half an hour ago from the hill until here. Talking about everything that comes to mind. Casually conversing about anything we have in our early lives.

I found a friend in him. All my life I've been looking for a person in his right mind to talk to me this genuine and kind. Someone to call a friend. A friend who will stay and will never leave you. Guess I wouldn't find it in my own world.

But I remembered my siblings. Yeah. They are my treasure.

"I wonder what something like this looks like on the other side", His gray eyes glistened as he look far away. His lips burned red at the illumination of the sunset. I can't help but adore his appearance.

I felt a drop of envy inside. Ughh! I'm insecure. How did he become this beautiful?

"Actually it's...It's nothing different from this. Only with the calmness and tranquility", I look at him on his side.

I wonder if my hair shines at the light flashing at me. I want it to look stunning in case he accidentaly drop his eyes on it.

Then I closed my eyes and dramatically feel the vibes of the surrounding. The scent of the ocean. The wind on my skin and the light on my hair. I almost feel like I'm floating mid-air.

"Thank you", I whispered as I lift my hand slowly to catch the dimming sunlight with my eyes closed.

No reply.

"How was...", I opened my right eye to see that Erickson was not there anymore,"Gone? Where's he"?

I turned around like a fool. I feel pranked. How come someone take his friend here and leave him unnoticed?

Just what the hell is the deal with this guy. A few hours ago we're an inch close and now he's...gone. Like a bubble.

"Hey? Erickson?", I dropped my mouth in confusion.

And so I just let out a sigh of dismay. I looked at the sunset and it's about to bid farewell to the world. I turned around once again but he's not there. I jumped to the conclusion that he's actully a siren and he needs to go back to the shallows.

"What's your deal? The hell", I frowned at his sudden appearance and carried myself to walk back home.

It's getting dark. Like eventually. I need to go back home as soon as possible.

And then, I didn't know where to go. I can't remember the path we've taken with Rickson. Hmmmm! That guy! How could he just left me?!

I took skip count steps like 2 by 3 and then 4 after the other one. I was walking like a fool. Of course, who knows bigfoot's in a vacation here.

"Hahhahaha!", I laughed out loud to let go of the small fright building up on me. The light's completely gone. I know I'm screwed up.

I slowed down my pace as I reach the familiar dandelion plain. That's it! This is where Guppy found me! Now all I have to do is to follow the trail where it first went and that was to the clearing on the woods.

I immediately pulled myself up and ran as fast as I can until I reached it. The clearing in the woods. I took a few more step and I reached the foot of fhe suspension bridge. Just thinking about it makes me wanna puke. I hate motion sickness. Ughhh!

"Hah! I survived!", I looked at the dark path on my back an gave it a wink like I was some kind of an elusive criminal who escaped death. I gave it a brow flick before turning my back against it.

"But there is something hard to escape", thinking about the motion sickness and the failed Physics concept.

I closed my eyes for a moment before running in a flashing speed across the bridge. I almost forgot the twisted roots but I guess it's just too late to even remember. I got smashed on the ground again for the secone time around. This time it made my knees hit on a rock that I almost screamed to death.

"What the!!!!", I screamed silently before dusting myself off. I jumped my way to the entrance of Rossa's house like a kangaroo.

I opened up the door to see Stephen, Alyssa, Rossa and Fredd on the round table. They gave me this curious look.

"He has returned home", Rossa announced with a big smile on her face. I don't know if it's mockery but she might have noticed my broken knee.

I saw Stephen rolled his eyes and look away. Of course, he doesn't care at all. All he care is his red cosplay hair and his beautiful face that perfectly contradicts his personality.

"Ahh yeah! I'm home", I returned it with a fake smile under the burning sensation on my knee. So this guy beside Rossa must be Fredd. He's not as bad as he looks.

"Who might could be this beautiful man before us?", Fredd interrogated. He sounded so fatherly but not strict. Loving but dominant. Something like that.

"Oh where's my manners. I'm Mikhail Arcie sir. It was nice of me to know you", I dusted off my shirt and stood straight as I introduced myself.

Freed pulled himself from his chair and reached out for his hand. I gladly took it with a smile. He gestured me to join with them on their meal.

"So what kind of good air took you here?", Fredd asked in between his chump. He got this stunning gray eyes that probably caught Rossa in just one moment.

She's busy with her cheese pancake. Alyssa not managing to even look at us.

"There is this old bushy tree and then I can't remember what happened", I honestly answered his question. He just nodded at my words. Maybe he knew something about it but he just can't tell me because of some sort of an excuse.

"Well. So you must be a Gapper.", he smile at me before taking a big munch of his pancake.

I remembered what Rickson told me about Gappers but I still don't know what it does. All he knew is that Gappers are fallen from the warped dimension and that their wishes are just so strong that they are qualified for the entrance of this world. Their will takes them to the opposite dimension.

"I just have one question. What do you call this...", I look around, "...world?", then I gave him a pouty look and a frown.

He cleared his throat before pulling himself up from the chair. He put his dishes on the lavatory before facing me back with a glass of water in his hand.

"Archania", he returned shortly, "Archania, the world of happines and absolute bliss". He let out a small chuckle before pulling a soft cloth from the counter.

Pff! I almost laughed at his declaration. Good thing, truly this world is absolutely perfect and wonderful and such a happy place to live in. Only with the presence of the suspension bridge, the twisted roots, the disappearing gray-haired guy and Stephen. Stephen for the heaven's sake.

"So how do I...", I turned to look at Fredd on the counter but he's suddenly gone, "Gone?". I just flustered a frown of dismay with my brows lifted a bit.

People living here got this habit of talking to someone and just disappear without trace. Like where are they? Oh there! Gone. And I was here talking to myself. Alone.

"What the hell is the deal with these guys?", I put the fork on the counter before taking the stairs. I let out a small frown before walking across the hall to my room. What time is it?

I slowly opened the door expecting for some crazy surprises again but luckily, none. So I slipped myself in and dived on the soft mattress. Feels so good to be home.

But something hit me on the back of my head. It's not a book this time but the thought of Riley and Spencer. I sighed at the thought of them. I don't want to be happy when I know someone's in pain. I think I should go home tomorrow or the other day.

"But first, I want to savor the taste of a happy life just once", I looked at the dancing fireflies outside my window. Slowly closing my eyes until sleep poisoned my consciousness.