Chapter 4: The Baker's Son

"...and then the ocean dried up because of his song!" , we laughed at her words. She threw her hands back laughing like she was in a comedy bar while I wiped the tears in my eyes.

We've been there for about 4 hours ago just introducing ourselves until we came up into breaking jokes about people who made mistakes more often than their lives. Her name is Rosa, and her husband's name is Fredd. Their love produced two siblings in the name of Alyssa and Stephen. They owned this bakeshop in the woods, but further explained that they believe a bread made in the silence of the world tastes better than a bread from a noisy civilized land. In other words, they tried to make it more classical. So what's the difference? Well, she haven't told me. Their son is studying at a certain archery class for hunting while their younger daughter is studying at an armory class. I know it's odd for a newbie like me but they don't have any academic core value here, they're more on manpower and business.

"So you said you came from the other world?", she asked me from a look in her shoulder. She's washing the dishes on the sink.

"I don't know if I was totally from the other world, or just above this world.", I answered, a slice of doubt with my own words.

"You mean you came from that shining thing up there?", she frowned at me.

"Na! I would've looked like a charcoal now.", I returned the frown.

"Is that thing up there hot?", she questioned like she was totally clueless, or maybe just totally clueless at all.

"Of course, it is a ball of hot gases.", I almost coughed at her question.

"I don't think so, that thing only gave us light here.", she wiped the table in front of me.

So I see, the sun is just as friendly as the environment here. If she only know how harsh that thing in our world is, not just light but sunburn.

"Hmmmm, that thing gave us both light and heat in our world, so much heat that you could burn a metal in just a few hours, but there's amazing thing about that thing up there, is that they gave us hope.", I explained for our part.

She gave me a "Well, I see" look.

I've really started to love this world, it's so much different from the world I came from. I swear today I'm gonna walk half of it's diameter. The excitement inside me just can't hold anymore.

"So where's your children by the way, Rossa?", I turned to her from the window.

"At class, well, obviously", she gave me a wierd look.

Of course, they were. Well I don't know if they have class this early. I just shrugged my shoulders.

Rossa took me around the house and the bakery at the same time. She showed me the room that I will be staying. We made a deal that I will help for the tasks and she and her family will let me live until the day I decide to go home. And that's just a simple deal, but I don't know any household chores all my life. But it's ok, wiping tables is better than wiping tears of frustration.

She gave me the room across his son's. And even gave me extra clothes to wear.

I looked at the full body sized mirror on the corner of the room. Then I noticed something different.

My face looked younger than any usual. Skin complexion became smooth and fair and my lips were almost naked blood in red. I felt a light feeling inside me at the sight, confidence swelled in.

Then I looked closer to the surface and found out my eye color had changed. From dull gray to almond brown.

"Hey, is there something wrong with that river out there?", I asked Rossa from across the room.