Chapter 9: The Songs We Share

"Gosh. Did he really do this to you?", I'm whincing eveytime Alyssa rub that mud scented coton on the wound on my forehead. She really has been trying to tailor down things to have enough evidences to hate his brother even more.

I just sit there with my hands on my lap. It's the morning after that tragic afternoon on the woods with Stephen. He left home for a task penalized by Rossa for doing this to me. We hadn't talked since then. I know he was trying to apologize but I'm not giving a care for him. All I know now is that I hate him and I don't want to talk to him unless he do something good worth appreciating.

"What's wrong with him?", Alyssa rubbed that coton again and I whinced in pain.

"I don't know. He has always been this cold since I came here. Just so he know a frog pushed on that creepy black hole and I've thrown myself on that golden leaf forest. I never wanted to be here", It sounded almost a lie. I had learned to love it here. This is what I always wanted.

Alyssa raised her brows at me.

I gave him a curious look. She looked like she's trying to convey something but his tongue's backing out.

"I was just wondering. Could it be...he has feelings for...", She rolled her eyes as if imagining something in her mind.

I almost caught my jaws dropping down at her words.

"No. No. It can't be he can't fall in love with m...", I cut her off but she suddenly put a string on her last sentence.

"...someone else. What are you talking about?", She gave me this weirded out look before shoving a pancake in my mouth. It almost got me chocking.

Just when I realized something's missing at the scene. A red head guy should have been annoying us at this kind of moment but there's none.

"Of course. He...well...might be in love with someone. Very unfortunate girl whom he fell in love. Sadist douchebag", I snorted at my own words. I somehow felt relieved that he's not here.

But I remembered the last thing he said before I spaced out back on the woods. Did he really meant it? Or just his guilt killing him for hurting a mundane. I really hate him. Or maybe I really wanted to but...I can't. But I somehow actually hate him but not that much. I actually wanted to see him and talk and accept his apology but then I hate him. I'm confused right now. I don't know where to start.

Maybe I should go home now. I feel not welcome and unwanted here. Applies to both world. Where am I supposed to go?

"Mikhail! Hello?", Alyssa slapped my forehead with a pillow. I zoned out again.

"Huh? What?", I almost tumbled back at her force. My elbow hit the hard corner of the chair. I whinced again in pain. Leaving my mouth open in the open air.

I pulled myself up and left Alyssa looking for something in her medicine box. I can see her impatient expression while she rummaged her stuff. I almost laughed at her face. It was actually funny to look at.

"Where you going?", she asked in between her glasses looking up at me. She wore this bored expression.

I coughed laughing at her face trying to forget what she looked like. I just shrugged the thought with a grin.

"Going upstairs.", I answered with a smile.

"Have you gone mad?", She send another dry look that actually look funny. I coughed laughing at her face again. She then got annoyed at my teasing laughter then threw me a cotton pocket.

I let out a heavy laugh at her actions. She closed the medicine box before giving me another annoyed expression.

"Argggh! Idiot!", she exclaimed before pouting then going back to the kitchen.