Chapter 7: Deveen Willfray

I woke up at the aroma of baked cookies and fresh potato fries. It felt heaven just by smelling it. I pulled myself up from the bed and went to check my face on the mirror. My skin's still radiant and my eyes glowing with bloom. The wind must have a doze of sleeping hormones sending 60000 feet off the reality. But I was just wondering why I didn't even dream a rabbit while I was asleep. I can't even remember how did I fall asleep. I just lay there and then woke up having to feel or remember nothing about last night.

It's no big deal. Why am I thinking about it?

"Shotgun", I wink at my image at the mirror before heading towards the bathroom.

As I opened the door with half of my eyes openend from a small yawn. A plastic cup struck my forehead.

"Get out! Pervert!", screamed the pissed off Stephen from the thin shower curtains.

"What? I didn't know you were there!", I snapped back whincing in pain as I rud my forehead. I closed the door before him.

Yeah. I totally didn't know he was there and what the hell is he doing in my shower room? I mean in the room that I'm sleeping. He must have been sneaking out on my trying to investigate something.

"Hey? Stephen?", I carefully asked from the other side of the door.

No answer.

I went back to bed and slammed myself on the soft mattress. I wanted to go back to sleep.

Sleep almost got me drifting off when I heard a fainted voice from behind the shower door. I lift my head to have a clear hearing.

"Hey! You out there?", Stephen asked from the other side.

"Yeah? What do you want?", I answered without even messing up. Since I was just hitching here atleast the best I can do is to talk to them properly. "Taking too long", I whispered before getting up.

"My towel's in my room. I want you to get it", he has this bossy tone in his voice that doesn't actully suits him.

"Like who showers at someone else room and left his towel back at his?", I tried to make it sound sarcastic. I didn't move a muscle.

"Do you honestly think I left my towel back in my room? I dropped it. It's wet and I want another one", He held his voice high in between the strong gush of water.

"The hell", I whispered before going inside his room across mine.

My eyes caught the old photo of their family. Rossa wearing a beige colored gown and Fredd in an old vintage polo. Then there is this young girl on Fredd's lap, Alyssa wearing a pink dress and a ribbon on her head. Stephen on Rossa's side tagging along with a brown teddy bear while wearing a closed-eyed smile.

They are a picture of a perfect family.

Then I was stopped in the moment when my family's memories flooded in my mind. Though I wish I didn't have to, but I always remember the tragedy that rusted the strong bonds of our familiar relationship. It was so tragic that we weren't able to take any family picture together. It was such a bitter feeling to keep up.

I fell into the category of unfortunate child born in a messed up family.

"Why am I crying?", I wiped the tears in my eyes as I grabbed the towel on the side without looking at it.

"What's taking you so long?", a low dominant voice broke off behind me. It was Stephen covering his private parts with his hand.

I immediately looked up at the ceiling after noticing his current situation. He could have just waited for my drama to stop and have me delivered this towel for him. Walking around naked like an idiot.