Part 12: Going Crazy

I've been home for two days now. No sign of Lazarus or the monster. My parents confined me to the house until who knows when. From time to time I frantically search my room when wind shakes the house or when someone walks up the steps. I have constant nightmares about Lazarus and the monster; almost no sleep since I got back home. Jeane has yet to come visit me and my parents are crowding me twenty-four-seven.

A soft knock on my window sounds throughout my room. My head glances to see what is making the noise. Nothing. I turn my attention back to the wall where I've stared a hole in. The knock sounds through my room again. I swing my legs off my bed to go investigate. The cold wood floor feels satisfying on my feet, I haven't got out of bed in a day. Slowly I walk towards my window, still nothing. My hands unlock and open it. Two hands grasp the windowsill and then a head and then a body. Lazarus. His arm had bandage around his forearms. I remember him cutting one arm, but not the other. The brown eyes he has are glossed over. He seems lost.

Lazarus pulls his whole body into my room. Sloppily, he falls on my floor. A sound of soft and warm laughter exits Lazarus' body and fills my room. He stands up and starts to walk over to me.

"Alex, where did you go?" His open arms wrap around my frame and squeezes me.

"I don't know" is all I mumble.

My mental state was still going downhill. Lazarus grabs my arms and looks in my eyes. The sudden touch on my arms triggers a wave a fear and nausea to my body. My mind is being blinded by fear and I have no control over my body. I see Lazarus get father away. I hear my own screams. I feel my tears running down my face. I feel my body hit the floor, hard. Lazarus started to come towards me but stopped and turned around. He was leaving. I watched as he climbed out the window, his eyes looked sad. A few moments after my parents came running in. Everything seemed to be in slow motion.

My mom pushed her hair back and she knelt down. She was trying to talk to me, everything sounds like I'm underwater. My dad slips his hands under my body and lifts me. My stomach feels like a stormy sea.

I can't handle this.