Part 8: No Fun

If the mall were in a smaller town, it would take up several city blocks. I stood in awe of the gigantic building.

"Stop drooling on the outside until you've seen the inside" Jeane grabbed my hand and dragged me into the mall. Millions of neon signs lit my face as I stepped through the door. Never had I seen anything so bright. It was looking straight into the sun; not a good place to put a neon shop.

The more we walked the more I wished I had actual money. Jeane walked into a clothing store and started rummaging through clothes.

"Just try one thing on, please." Her eyes imitating a puppy.

"Fine, only one thing." I picked up the most random thing I could find and followed Jeane to the dressing rooms. Seconds went by and I could hear her awe at herself. I slipped the black dress off the hanger and slid it over my head and shoulders. One thing for sure, this dress was comfortable.

I turn to look at the little black dress in the mirror, excited to see what it looks like. What was in the mirror was not me or the dress, not Jeane. It was the very thing that has been haunting my mind for the past days since I moved. My muscles were unresponsive and I could do was look.

Black ooze dripping from every pore. The jaw hung to it bellybutton. Arms reached the ground. Legs boney and long. No eyes. Holes for ears. I focused on its breathing because I couldn't do anything else. Then I focused on my breathing. In and out, in and out. A tear slipped from my eye. This can't be real.

The creature stepped forward.

My breathing stopped. Another step closer. I spun to face it. Another step closer. I take a step back. Another step closer. My back  hits the mirror. Another step closer. I can see in the creatures face. More tears flood my vision. Today is the day I die. The long and boney arm reaches for my throat. I'm going to die, I can't do anything. The long fingers wrap around my neck and start to tighten. They squeeze harder and harder, I feel my lungs burning for air. My feet are being lifted off the ground, the monster still choking me.

The corner of my vision start to fade to black. My death staring at me. More of my vision fades. I wish I could call out for Jeane. I wish I could see my parents. Oh, I wish I could see my parents.

Then it all turns black.